Wonderful Photos Capture The Beach Lives Of North Carolina In The Summer Of 1975
Joel Sternfeld is a fine-art color photographer noted for his large-format documentary pictures of the United States and helping establish color photography as a respected artistic medium. He has influenced a generation of color photographers, including Andreas Gursky, who borrows many of Sternfeld’s techniques and approaches.
Below is a collection of interesting color photos from his photo series Nags Head, which documents the eponymous beach town where Sternfeld spent the summer of 1975. With these images, he attempted to visually achieve a sense of temporal and spatial fluidity.
- Serbian Photographer Exposes Stunning Photos Of Daily Life In Moscow, Russia You’ve Never Seen Before
- Stefan Koidl Continues To Create Spooky Illustrations, And You Shouldn’t Click If You’re Easily Frightened
- Someone In Colorado Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Natalia Fabia Paints Seductive And Sparkling Women
- Albania’s Graveyard Of Soviet-Era MiGs
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Miyu Kojima Creates Miniature Replicas Of Lonely Deaths
- 2018 Has Been Scary: We’ve Got The Posters To Prove It
- Meet The Arist Filling Potholes With Mosaics Of NYC Vermin