“Skater For Life”: Fascinating Vintage Photos Of Judi Oyama, Who Began Skating In 1973 When She Was 13 Till Now!
Born and raised in Santa Cruz, Judi Oyama began skating in 1973 when she was 13 years old, and still competes in slalom racing today. Judi is the creative director and founder of Badass Skatemom and Maximum Impact Design, designing graphics for surf, snow and skateboard brands worldwide.
She was also former Vice President of Board Rescue, a non-profit corporation dedicated to providing skateboard equipment to children: targeting low-income children and at risk-youth. In February 20018, Judi Oyama was included in Skateboard Hall of Fame 2018 induction. Below is a collection of 20 fascinating photographs of Judi Oyama in action in the 1970s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Vietnamese Artist Creates Surreal Illustrations Of Animals and Cute Things in the Forest
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Emotional Celebrity Portraits By Marc Hom