This Artist Makes Silly Portraits Of Food
Paul Schmid is an award-winning artist, illustrator, and designer who recently started an interesting art project of honoring food by creating its portraits. But these are not your ordinary portraits, because Schmid uses googly eyes to bring his food friends to life.
The artist came up with the idea for this project when he randomly put a pair of googly eyes on a painting of a potato he had just finished.
“She had such an understanding look! I grabbed a tomato painting, and googly eyes from a drawer and Tom was born. Then Nip the turnip. More eyes, more paintings, in a short time I had a room full of ‘Still-Buddies’,” the artist told Bored Panda.
“Never did I hear a discouraging word from them, and unlike some people I’ve known, they are not critical. They never ask if am I going to get a haircut or a ‘real’ job,” Schmid added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Before the Photoshop Era, Here Are What Manipulated Photos Looked Like in the Early 20th Century
- “Jesus Is Everywhere” Project Photoshops Jesus In Everyday Situations
- GCDS 2021 Calendar Viva L’Italia by Nadia Lee Cohen
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- “Ulm Nest”: Sleep Capsules Are Designed to Protect Ulm Homeless People from Freezing to Death
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Gorgeous Beachwear And Lingerie Photography By Bonnie Cee
- Photographer’s Stunning Shots of Gorgeous Mountain Temple Look Straight out Of an Anime