This Artist Makes Silly Portraits Of Food
Paul Schmid is an award-winning artist, illustrator, and designer who recently started an interesting art project of honoring food by creating its portraits. But these are not your ordinary portraits, because Schmid uses googly eyes to bring his food friends to life.
The artist came up with the idea for this project when he randomly put a pair of googly eyes on a painting of a potato he had just finished.
“She had such an understanding look! I grabbed a tomato painting, and googly eyes from a drawer and Tom was born. Then Nip the turnip. More eyes, more paintings, in a short time I had a room full of ‘Still-Buddies’,” the artist told Bored Panda.
“Never did I hear a discouraging word from them, and unlike some people I’ve known, they are not critical. They never ask if am I going to get a haircut or a ‘real’ job,” Schmid added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The ’80s Hairdos: One of the Sexiest Hairstyles of All Time
- As The Standard Of The World Turns: Lovely Photos Of 1965 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
- These Photorealistic Renders Look Like Real Photos Taken with An Old Camera
- Spectacular Winning Images of The 2021 World Press Photo Contest
- “The Closer You Are…”: Superb Emotional and Cyberpunk Illustrations by Death & Milk
- Beautiful Photos of Sakura Blooming in Japan by Hidenobu Suzuki
- Breiðamerkursandur – Iceland’s Stunning Diamond Beach
- This Artist Recreates John Wick Scenes With Miniature Figures
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival