This Artist Makes Silly Portraits Of Food
Paul Schmid is an award-winning artist, illustrator, and designer who recently started an interesting art project of honoring food by creating its portraits. But these are not your ordinary portraits, because Schmid uses googly eyes to bring his food friends to life.
The artist came up with the idea for this project when he randomly put a pair of googly eyes on a painting of a potato he had just finished.
“She had such an understanding look! I grabbed a tomato painting, and googly eyes from a drawer and Tom was born. Then Nip the turnip. More eyes, more paintings, in a short time I had a room full of ‘Still-Buddies’,” the artist told Bored Panda.
“Never did I hear a discouraging word from them, and unlike some people I’ve known, they are not critical. They never ask if am I going to get a haircut or a ‘real’ job,” Schmid added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- The 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept Car Has Been Found And Restored
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures