This Artist Makes Silly Portraits Of Food
Paul Schmid is an award-winning artist, illustrator, and designer who recently started an interesting art project of honoring food by creating its portraits. But these are not your ordinary portraits, because Schmid uses googly eyes to bring his food friends to life.
The artist came up with the idea for this project when he randomly put a pair of googly eyes on a painting of a potato he had just finished.
“She had such an understanding look! I grabbed a tomato painting, and googly eyes from a drawer and Tom was born. Then Nip the turnip. More eyes, more paintings, in a short time I had a room full of ‘Still-Buddies’,” the artist told Bored Panda.
“Never did I hear a discouraging word from them, and unlike some people I’ve known, they are not critical. They never ask if am I going to get a haircut or a ‘real’ job,” Schmid added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny Animal Pics That Just Don’t Make Any Sense, As Shared On This Instagram Account
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- Playfully Illustrated Surfboards By Jean Jullien
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- This Artist Drew These 30 Animals So “Badly”, It Might Be A New Style