Perfect Imperfection: Photographer Documents The Beauty Of Animals With Disabilities
Beau Was Taken In As A Stray And Had The Tips Of His Ears Resected When He Developed Skin Cancer
From dogs with three legs to cats without eyes, the Perfect Imperfection photo series celebrates the intrinsic beauty of animals who have overcome adversity and adapted to a physical impairment. All of these animals were rescued from their former lives and given a second chance by kind and caring humans.
Tiki Was Rescued From A Backyard Breeder. He Had A Badly Broken Leg, Which Was Later Amputated
Photographed with care and sensitivity by leading Australian animal photographer, Alex Cearns of Houndstooth Studio, each image leads with the beauty of the animal subject, making their physical issue almost a subtle afterthought.
Clarey, Who Was Adopted From Safe Perth – It Was Then Discovered She Didn’t Have Any Eyes
Based on an original photo series launched on Bored Panda, these portraits of perfectly imperfect dogs will uplift and inspire, finding a special place in your heart with their ability to overcome physical adversity. Cearns artfully captures their intrinsic beauty and spirit; their sweetness, resilience, and strength.
Julius Was Taken In As A Stray And Had His Eye Removed When He Developed A Cancerous Tumor
“One of my most passionate aims as an animal photographer is to capture the adorable subtleties that make all creatures precious and unique. I love every animal I have the privilege of photographing, but those perceived as different hold a special place in my heart. These are the canines who have lost a leg, been born without eyes, or are still showing the scars of former abuse,” says Cearns.
Bali Pip, A Puppy With Mange Who Was Rescued By The Bali Animal Welfare Association
“Most animals with ‘afflictions’ don’t dwell on them. They adapt to their bodies without complaint and they survive with determination. They push on, always, wanting to be included and involved in everything as much as they can, and as much as an able-bodied pet does. They need the same love as any other pet, and give the same love as any other pet – and they each have value as sentient beings.”
Jakk Was Dumped As A 1-Day Old Puppy. Several Of His Leg Bones Didn’t Grow Properly. He Was Taken In By Wa Pet Project And Received A Custom Set Of Wheels
“The tenacity of animals to overcome adversity never ceases to amaze me. They make the most out of life and from them I have learned so much about always seeing the positive in every situation and never giving up.”
Randal The Echidna Was Taken In By Bonoring Wildlife Sanctuary When He Lost His Foot In A Dog Attack
Cearns complied over 60 canine images into ‘Perfect Imperfection – Dog portraits of Resilience’, a book for everyone who loves dogs; fans of the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi, or of seeing the beauty in imperfection; and anyone who needs a hit of inspiration from an uplifting read
Jaffa Was Adopted From The Dogs’ Refuge Home Of Wa And Later Had Her Leg Removed After Being Accidentally Hit By A Car
Angel Was Adopted Through Perth Chihuahua Rescue. She Is Blind In One Eye
Penny And Her Puppies Were Taken In By The Rspca Wa. They Had Mange At The Time, But Their Fur Soon Grew Back As Good As
Peaches Were Adopted From Haart And Had Her Eye Removed When She Developed Acute Glaucoma
Scrappy Was Found Running Across A Freeway. His Eyes Were Removed When His Sight Deteriorated And His Health Was Being Impacted
Rescue Kitten Nimh Kitten Nimh Had Both Eyes Removed After Complications From The Birth
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- Photographer Jacqueline Roberts Uses 166-Year-Old Technique To Shoot Kids
- Family Of Romanian Photographer Moved To A Small Town In The UK And He Started Discovering The Beauty Of This Country