Stunning Photographs of Ellen O’Neal, The Greatest Woman Freestyle Skateboarder in the 1970s
Ellen O’Neal is the godmother of female pro skateboarding who proved that skaters aren’t just a group of delinquents living in Venice Beach and helped bring the sport into the mainstream by skating on the Wonder Woman TV show.
Born and raised in Southern California, Ellen had only been skating for a year before she was sponsored by Gordon & Smith, Bennett Trucks, and Vans. Here are some of interesting photographs of Ellen O’Neal taken by Jim Goodrich in the 1970s.
Ellen’s photos from Skateboarder Magazine are also some of the most iconic girl skater photos ever shot, and in 2012, Complex Magazine named her number four in their “Sexiest Female Skateboarders” list. In the ’04 book, The Legacy of Warren Bolster, Warren Bolster offered this on Ellen: “She invented her own variations on many maneuvers and added grace, style, and composure to the circuit.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Brazilian Dentist Felipe Rossi Treat The Teeth Of Poor People
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Beautiful Photos Of Marilyn Monroe In New York City By Ed Feingersh, 1955