$450,000. That’s how much the German transport ministry is reported to have spent on a bold cycling safety campaign. The ads from the country’s transport ministry carry the slogan “Looks like shit. But saves my life.” One of the biggest names in the advert is Alicija Köhler, a competitor in the gameshow Germany’s Next Topmodel. Like the other models, she’s wearing only a colored helmet and a lacy bra. And that is the main reason why some have been criticizing the entire campaign. Continue reading »
Luvs is a crafts initiative led by an artist based in Sao Paulo. She recovers tubes from old bicycle wheels, cleans them, sanding them and then transforms them to give them a second life. Inner tube rubber is a flexible material that is actually suitable for countless uses that go far beyond the simple manufacture of tires. Continue reading »
For the past 18 months many cities in China have been flooded by millions of dockless share bikes. Those that block pavements or apartment entrances have been removed by authorities to vast storage areas. Viewed from afar they create compelling and mysterious patterns – but also represent waste on an enormous scale.
Here: An aerial view of the rental bikes detained by the local urban administration authority of Luyang district in Hefei. Given that the shared bikes have several users a day – some of them inexperienced riders who swerve into traffic – they are often damaged, vandalised, or abandoned Continue reading »
This glow in the dark bicycle path can be found near Lidzbark Warminski in the north of Poland. It’s made from a synthetic material that is charged by the sun, and it can hold up to ten hours of light. The impressive strip is powered entirely by the sun, and it’s still in the testing phases. Studio Roosegaarde’s Starry Night bike lane inspired TPA Instytut Badań Technicznych Sp. z o.o to create the glowing bike path. Continue reading »
A Japanese Instagrammer, Mamoru Kanai, publishes images of himself performing one-wheeled bicycle stunts in his “Riding Pop” series. The photos feature Kanai performing “wheelies” (standing on the hindwheel) and “stoppies” (standing on the front wheel) while seated as if normally riding a bicycle. Since he can’t shoot photos of himself performing tricks he asks for a help from a skilled photographer friend. Continue reading »
In the past, having a car was synonymous to success. Now, however, having a bicycle in the new trend. Riding a bicycle is all pros and no cons. It makes you slimmer and healthier, it allows you to enjoy the fresh air, traffic jams are no longer a problem, and of course you don’t waste money on gas. Continue reading »
A bicycle designed and built by my brother, Kameron Klimes. His custom-built bicycle startup, Scrap City Cycles, is based in St. Louis, USA. He is also producing small-batch, handmade leather goods for bicycles using locally sourced vegetable-tanned leather from the oldest tannery in the midwest. For anyone interested in a custom bike of their own feel free to contact Kameron at email@example.com Continue reading »
- Honest Portraits: Unvarnished Russia In Emotional Black & White Photographs By Oleg Videnin
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Stunning Photographs From The Inside Of Russia’s Largest Bitcoin Mine
- Photographer Joseph Philippe Bevillard Captured The Secret Lives Of Irish Travellers Revealed In Intimate Portraits
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Violent Rabbits?
- Meanwhile In “Paris Fashion Week”… Have Fashion Designers Gone Insane?
- This Instagram Account Collects The Worst Interior Designs Ideas
- 20 Strange & Unusual Pics From The Early 20th Century That You May No Longer See Today
- Manchester Girls: Photographs That Celebrate Northern Women, Their Strength And Their Style