This Artist Creates Stunning Products Made Out Of Bicycle Air Chambers
Luvs is a crafts initiative led by an artist based in Sao Paulo. She recovers tubes from old bicycle wheels, cleans them, sanding them and then transforms them to give them a second life. Inner tube rubber is a flexible material that is actually suitable for countless uses that go far beyond the simple manufacture of tires.
For example, it cuts them to make rings, using the elasticity of the material to allow a shape to remain modulable, so that the ring can be worn in different ways. Rubber strips are also used to make fabric bag handles and decorative ornamental sewn patterns. Her products are hand-stitched, which makes each one unique.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Female Artists Are Being Completely Removed From Their Own Album Covers In Iran
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Before The Computers: Looking Back On Typewriters Era
- The ‘World’s Biggest’ War Diorama, A State-Funded Exhibition Recreates The Battlefields Of WWII In Brutal Detail
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Photographer Henry Do Captures Breathtaking Aerial Images Of The Circular Community In Denmark
- The World’s Largest Photography Competition Announced 100 Finalists From Over A Million Entries And Here’s 30 Of Them
- Pictures Of Russian Meteorologist That Spent 30 Years In The Loneliest Place On Earth
- Haunted Faces Of The World War One Brought To Life In Striking Colorized Images By Mario Unger