This Artist Creates Stunning Products Made Out Of Bicycle Air Chambers
Luvs is a crafts initiative led by an artist based in Sao Paulo. She recovers tubes from old bicycle wheels, cleans them, sanding them and then transforms them to give them a second life. Inner tube rubber is a flexible material that is actually suitable for countless uses that go far beyond the simple manufacture of tires.
For example, it cuts them to make rings, using the elasticity of the material to allow a shape to remain modulable, so that the ring can be worn in different ways. Rubber strips are also used to make fabric bag handles and decorative ornamental sewn patterns. Her products are hand-stitched, which makes each one unique.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- A Shocking Campaign Uses Graphic Images To Point Out The Damage That Plastic Pollution Has On The Ocean’s Wildlife
- Amazing Portraits Of Elspeth Beard, The First British Woman To Ride A Motorcycle Around The World
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- This Woman Has Dedicated Her Life To Taking Pictures Of The Oldest Trees On The Planet
- The Metamorphosis: Depressive And Dark Paintings By The Artist Anton Semenov
- The Bridge To Nowhere: Belhaven Bridge
- “Animal Soul”: Beautiful Portraits Of The Bad-Ass Cats By Robert Bahou