Photo Gallery of the “Art Attack” 2011 Performance on Purim
Purim is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman, a story recorded in the Biblical Book of Esther.
In Purim we took part as a Fashion and Art team in a representational art production that was documented in real time by a fashion photographer.
Recently we have witnessed a new phenomenon whereby young artists participate in art and fashion productions. “Art Attack” provided an on-stage exposure to recognized as well as young artists who have just embarked on their artistic journey. This well known phenomenon from abroad has just taken off on the local scene.
Given the opportunity, we have constructed an art performance with an image of an operation room, where the everlasting circular and sometimes dangerous obsession with ‘external’ appearance is being “operated on”, analyzed and dissected. Modern medical technology promises fixing whatever needs a fix, suggesting that “Eternal Youth” is within reach, just around the corner, a common commodity. However, while focusing on and manipulating the human figure, other human qualities are being ignored and neglected. The price of objectification is the loss of vitality and uniqueness.
This production started as a performance, where the stage was turned by art performers into a studio documented by photographers, exposing the audience to “behind the scenes” of fashion production with hair stylists, make-up professionals, style professionals and models, all interacting while this production was unfolding, turning into a work of art.
Following this performance, the audience (already with Purim Costumes) was invited to join the performers on stage, and partake in this performance, being treated with make-up and hairstyling, and getting photographed as models on the operating table. Performers and audience merged, fading the dividing lines between stage, behind the scenes, and the audience, Life and Art fuse into one.
Make up artist:
Nadav & Roico hair salon:
Nikki Shanie Goldstein
Production Assistant & direction:
Producing & Styling:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- A Look at Girls’ College Dorm Rooms in the Seventies
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Retro Pop-Culture Pictures
- This Woman Paints on Horseshoe Crabs
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- “Dream Catcher”: The Superb Imaginative Concept Artworks of Mark Kirton
- A Gallery of Really Bad Men’s Hairstyles of the 1970s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “House of God”: Amazing Psychedelic, Fractal, and Extruded Artworks of Victor Stone
- “Blasphemous”: The Superb 3D Concept Artworks of Alexy Préfontaine