Artist Cain Motter Illustrates Impact of Credit on Modern Society
Los Angeles-based artist, Cain Motter, like many others, has tried to share his opinion about the impact of using credit cards on the modern society. However, his mode of expression is quite different because unlike others who use words or letters for expression, Motter melts his credit cards to create stunning pieces of modern art.
In his official Facebook page, Motter explains how he fell for the vicious cycle of using credit cards.
“I started getting these credit card applications in the mail. One of them said it would be good to have a card in case of emergencies. That’s what got me,” the artist stated. After applying and receiving his first credit card, he got a cheque for $50 which he thought was a gift for becoming a new customer.
It was only after he received his first statement with a bill for that $50 gift plus cash advance fees that he understood the trick.
To “take revenge” and give vent to his anger, Motter first started craft pendants and necklaces using the cards.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Spectacular Photographs of Newcastle in the 1970s
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Story of My F*cking Life: A Journal for Banishing the Bullsh*t, Unlocking Your Creativity, and Celebrating the Absurdity of Life
- Grimes, Rita Ora & Iggy Pop: The First Look On The Pirelli’s 2022 ‘On The Road’ Calendar
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- The Many Faces of the Tiger: Funny Drawings by Bu2ma
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses