The Lantern Festival in Seoul, South Korea, celebrates Buddha’s birthday. Buddha was born approximately 2,557 years ago; the exact date is unknown, but Buddha’s official birthday is celebrated on the full moon in May in South Korea, which is May 17 this year. In photos by Chung Sung-Jun / Getty Images.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Dark And Surreal Photo Artworks Of Ben Ward
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Artist Turns Generic Figurines into Ultra-Realistic Sculptures of Anime Characters
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!