The 2014 Vanity Fair Hollywood Portfolio by Chuck Close
Working with a rare and impressive 20-by-24-inch Polaroid camera, world-renowned American artist Chuck Close captured remarkably raw portraits of 20 bold talents, from Brad Pitt to Oprah Winfrey, for V.F.’s 20th Hollywood Issue. Below, sample the results—and take a look behind the scenes.
BRAD PITT, ACTOR
45 films, including World War Z and 12 Years a Slave (2013), Voyage of Time and Fury (2014); producer of 18 films.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON, ACTOR
39 films, including Don Jon and Her (2013), Under the Skin, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Chef, and Lucy (2014).
OPRAH WINFREY, ACTOR/PRODUCER
7 films as actor, including Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013); 5 films as producer, including Precious (2009) and The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014); Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Academy Award.
Chuck Close photographing Oprah Winfrey.
Chuck Close with Bette Midler.
Chuck Close with Dustin Hoffman.
Bruce Willis and Chuck Close.
The Polaroid of Forest Whitaker.
Kate Winslet being photographed.
Chuck Close and Jessica Lange.
Chuck Close and Julia Roberts.
Sean Penn and Chuck Close.
Credits: Vanity Fair
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- Glitch In The Matrix Across Slavic Countries
- This Artist Creates Inventions That Solve Problems That Don’t Exist
- 2020 Sarcastic Vintage Pictures Calendar Is Here!
- Honest Portraits: Unvarnished Russia In Emotional Black & White Photographs By Oleg Videnin
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Funniest Animal Fails Caught In Panoramic Pictures
- Stunning Photographs From The Inside Of Russia’s Largest Bitcoin Mine
- Something Unique: The Superb Humorous, Creative And Advertising Photo Works Of Frank Uyttenhove