The 2014 Vanity Fair Hollywood Portfolio by Chuck Close
Working with a rare and impressive 20-by-24-inch Polaroid camera, world-renowned American artist Chuck Close captured remarkably raw portraits of 20 bold talents, from Brad Pitt to Oprah Winfrey, for V.F.’s 20th Hollywood Issue. Below, sample the results—and take a look behind the scenes.
BRAD PITT, ACTOR
45 films, including World War Z and 12 Years a Slave (2013), Voyage of Time and Fury (2014); producer of 18 films.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON, ACTOR
39 films, including Don Jon and Her (2013), Under the Skin, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Chef, and Lucy (2014).
OPRAH WINFREY, ACTOR/PRODUCER
7 films as actor, including Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013); 5 films as producer, including Precious (2009) and The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014); Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Academy Award.
Chuck Close photographing Oprah Winfrey.
Chuck Close with Bette Midler.
Chuck Close with Dustin Hoffman.
Bruce Willis and Chuck Close.
The Polaroid of Forest Whitaker.
Kate Winslet being photographed.
Chuck Close and Jessica Lange.
Chuck Close and Julia Roberts.
Sean Penn and Chuck Close.
Credits: Vanity Fair
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There Is A Subway Lower Than Hell: The Superb Dark And Sinister Artworks By Vergvoktre
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- This Extraordinary Close-Up Photos Turns Mundane Insects Into Terrifying Beasts From Another World
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- New Trending Summer Fun – A Pink Coffin Pool Float With Lid
- Strange And Surreal Abandoned Places From Above By Kosmaj Project
- Bored Sitting At Home? Try To Find A Cat In Each Picture!
- On The Front Line: Chinese Artists Pay Tribute To Medics In The Fight With Coronavirus Outbrake