The 2014 Vanity Fair Hollywood Portfolio by Chuck Close
Working with a rare and impressive 20-by-24-inch Polaroid camera, world-renowned American artist Chuck Close captured remarkably raw portraits of 20 bold talents, from Brad Pitt to Oprah Winfrey, for V.F.’s 20th Hollywood Issue. Below, sample the results—and take a look behind the scenes.
BRAD PITT, ACTOR
45 films, including World War Z and 12 Years a Slave (2013), Voyage of Time and Fury (2014); producer of 18 films.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON, ACTOR
39 films, including Don Jon and Her (2013), Under the Skin, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Chef, and Lucy (2014).
OPRAH WINFREY, ACTOR/PRODUCER
7 films as actor, including Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013); 5 films as producer, including Precious (2009) and The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014); Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Academy Award.
Chuck Close photographing Oprah Winfrey.
Chuck Close with Bette Midler.
Chuck Close with Dustin Hoffman.
Bruce Willis and Chuck Close.
The Polaroid of Forest Whitaker.
Kate Winslet being photographed.
Chuck Close and Jessica Lange.
Chuck Close and Julia Roberts.
Sean Penn and Chuck Close.
Credits: Vanity Fair
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- This Underwater Observatory in Lake Zug in Switzerland Looks Like a Real Life ‘Truman Show’ Door
- Italian Artist Giulia Bernardelli Turns Spilled Coffee Into Art
- Mira Petrova’s Illustrations Will Make You Think About Your Waste
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- “UAZ Bukhanka”: Russia’s Most Legendary Off-Road Vechicle for Bizarre Tuning
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s