The 2014 Vanity Fair Hollywood Portfolio by Chuck Close
Working with a rare and impressive 20-by-24-inch Polaroid camera, world-renowned American artist Chuck Close captured remarkably raw portraits of 20 bold talents, from Brad Pitt to Oprah Winfrey, for V.F.’s 20th Hollywood Issue. Below, sample the results—and take a look behind the scenes.
BRAD PITT, ACTOR
45 films, including World War Z and 12 Years a Slave (2013), Voyage of Time and Fury (2014); producer of 18 films.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON, ACTOR
39 films, including Don Jon and Her (2013), Under the Skin, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Chef, and Lucy (2014).
OPRAH WINFREY, ACTOR/PRODUCER
7 films as actor, including Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013); 5 films as producer, including Precious (2009) and The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014); Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Academy Award.
Chuck Close photographing Oprah Winfrey.
Chuck Close with Bette Midler.
Chuck Close with Dustin Hoffman.
Bruce Willis and Chuck Close.
The Polaroid of Forest Whitaker.
Kate Winslet being photographed.
Chuck Close and Jessica Lange.
Chuck Close and Julia Roberts.
Sean Penn and Chuck Close.
Credits: Vanity Fair
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Before the Photoshop Era, Here Are What Manipulated Photos Looked Like in the Early 20th Century
- “Jesus Is Everywhere” Project Photoshops Jesus In Everyday Situations
- GCDS 2021 Calendar Viva L’Italia by Nadia Lee Cohen
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Gorgeous Beachwear And Lingerie Photography By Bonnie Cee
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- Photographer’s Stunning Shots of Gorgeous Mountain Temple Look Straight out Of an Anime
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Tales for an Accelerated Culture from Douglas Coupland – Novelist, Visual Artist and Graphic Designer