The 2014 Vanity Fair Hollywood Portfolio by Chuck Close
Working with a rare and impressive 20-by-24-inch Polaroid camera, world-renowned American artist Chuck Close captured remarkably raw portraits of 20 bold talents, from Brad Pitt to Oprah Winfrey, for V.F.’s 20th Hollywood Issue. Below, sample the results—and take a look behind the scenes.
BRAD PITT, ACTOR
45 films, including World War Z and 12 Years a Slave (2013), Voyage of Time and Fury (2014); producer of 18 films.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON, ACTOR
39 films, including Don Jon and Her (2013), Under the Skin, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Chef, and Lucy (2014).
OPRAH WINFREY, ACTOR/PRODUCER
7 films as actor, including Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013); 5 films as producer, including Precious (2009) and The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014); Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Academy Award.
Chuck Close photographing Oprah Winfrey.
Chuck Close with Bette Midler.
Chuck Close with Dustin Hoffman.
Bruce Willis and Chuck Close.
The Polaroid of Forest Whitaker.
Kate Winslet being photographed.
Chuck Close and Jessica Lange.
Chuck Close and Julia Roberts.
Sean Penn and Chuck Close.
Credits: Vanity Fair
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Charming Watercolor Girls by the Japanese Artist Kumorri
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port
- The Elegance of The Dark Side: Stunning Sculptures of Dom Qwek
- The Grim Towers of Lovecraftian World: Minimalist Architectural Art by James Lipnickas
- Diagonal World: Russian Designer Sergey Minkin Shoots Everything at 45 Degrees