Midge Hadley: The Super Rare Pregnant Barbie Doll
Midge Hadley was the pregnant Barbie who hit the shelves in 1963. She hooked up with Allan Sherwood. And together they had three little plastic off-cuts called Ryan and Nikki and Cassandra.
In one 2-4-1 model, you could buy Nikki while she was still in Midge’s tum-tum. This was known as the Happy Family line. Given that Midege looked about 11, one wondered if her own family were too happy about her being knocked up so young.
Midge also lacked a wedding ring, suggestive of loose morals and a godless life. Later her parents were added. The ring was added. And in a bid for further reality she sold her story to the tabloids and posed naked in Playtoy magazine.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Artist Creates Hilarious Combinations Of Popular Characters In Iconic Scenes
- Digital Illusions and Dark Fantasy Artworks of Rahul Das
- “Surveillance Society”: The Dark and Intrigue Digital Collages and Photo Works by Omi
- Transmogrified Reality In Futuristic Design Works by Nusi Quero
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Artist Creates Mind-Blowing 3D Visuals on The Border of Cyber Culture and Mythology
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Creative Fashion Designs by Kansai Yamamoto in the Early 1970s