Midge Hadley: The Super Rare Pregnant Barbie Doll
Midge Hadley was the pregnant Barbie who hit the shelves in 1963. She hooked up with Allan Sherwood. And together they had three little plastic off-cuts called Ryan and Nikki and Cassandra.
In one 2-4-1 model, you could buy Nikki while she was still in Midge’s tum-tum. This was known as the Happy Family line. Given that Midege looked about 11, one wondered if her own family were too happy about her being knocked up so young.
Midge also lacked a wedding ring, suggestive of loose morals and a godless life. Later her parents were added. The ring was added. And in a bid for further reality she sold her story to the tabloids and posed naked in Playtoy magazine.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!
- Designer Lydia Cambron Transforms Brand Logos into Protest Messages
- Indonesian Man Creates a ‘Bionic Arm’ from Scrap Metal
- “Haunted Beauty”: Mysteriously Bizarre Photo and Art Works of Natalie Shau
- Graphic Art Between Renaissance And Modernity
- Spectacular Winning Images of The 2021 World Press Photo Contest
- Beautiful Photos of Sakura Blooming in Japan by Hidenobu Suzuki
- “The Shards of Triptych. Observable Universes”: The Collection of Creative Visualization by Sergey Maslov
- “Let There Be Light”: The Dreamy and Surreal Universe of Joseba Elorza
- “Excommunicated” Cat Waits to Be Absolved of Feline Sins Outside Temple Gate