Jessica Stoller: Flesh, Feminism and the Sublime
Fleshy, fecund figures, delicate decay, and saccharine spoilage abound in Jessica Stoller‘s intricate, evocative porcelain works. Infusing sugar with vice, frosted breast cakes and BDSM scenes adorned with swans, Rococo gilding and ruffled gowns populate tableau where spiders and snails creep beneath to feast on the sweet excess. Each exquisite piece is tempered with satire, unleashing all the glorious distortions of the female body while reflecting the fears and desires that have been projected onto the female form for millennia.
Still Life 2013, porcelain, china paint, luster, mixed media, dimensions variable.
Untitled 2010, porcelain and china paint, 7 1/2 x 8 x 5 inches.
Selfless/Selflesh 2012, porcelain, china paint, luster and mixed media, 27 x 17 x 27 inches.
Untitled (lick) 2013, porcelain, china paint, luster, 8 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches.
Untitled (venus) 2013, porcelain, china paint, luster, 11 1/2 x 8 x 12 inches.
Untitled (stack) 2013, porcelain and china paint, 12 x 7 1/2 x 9 inches.
Untitled (willendorf) 2011, porcelain and china paint, 9 x 9 x 8 inches.
Untitled (frosted bust) 2012, porcelain, china paint and luster, 8 x 10 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures