Incredibly Realistic Wood Sculptures Of People Hand-Carved By Peter Demetz
Italian artist Peter Demetz has a gift for breathing life into wood, a material that seems hard and lifeless to most of us. His wooden sculptures of people are flawlessly life-like. Demetz’s precise and perfect mastery of human anatomy makes his sculptures look like paintings or sketches, and his wonderful compositions and sense of perspective help perpetuate this illusion. The grain of the wood and its warm colors, however, give them a tactile appearance that would be difficult to fake with paint.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Designer Creates a Unique Table Lighting Based on Brutalist Soviet Architecture and Other Things
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The World of Fairy Tales: Dreamy Illustrations by David Listón
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- Forget Garden Gnomes, Get a Huge Baby Tick Hybrid Instead!
- Bloody Brutal Vintage Crime Scene Photos From The Los Angeles Police Department Archives
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s