Brilliant, Energetic and Skillfully Shot Images of Headbangers Mid-Bang
When you look at the swathes of colour, motion and hair in Jacob Ehrbahn’s images, it makes you think that headbanging is perhaps one of the world’s purest expressions of human joy. Or if not joy, then at least something very powerful.
Where punks had pogoing, metal-heads have headbanging: that strange motion of wildly moving your head (and often locks of long, rocker hair) to loud, loud music.
The whiplash-skirting practice has been documented beautifully by Jacob Ehrbahn, in images that feel celebratory and warm. These are drawn together in a new book simply entitled ‘Headbangers’ and published by Powerhouse Books.
Jacob used an on-camera flash to capture the rapid movements of the shiny locks the ’bangers sport, and the whirling folds of their faces. It reminded us a little of the basset hounds running Tumblr, which can only be a good thing.
Via It’s Nice That
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Evocative Sculptures And Wearable Pieces Were Created With Ordinary Fabric