Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
A photographer has imagined what screen icon Marilyn Monroe would be like today – and no doubt she’d love Instagram. Daniel Sachon, a student at Central St Martins, in London, created his first solo exhibition with Suzie Kennedy, an English model who looks remarkably similar to the blonde bombshell. In the exhibition, titled ‘Disruptive Innovation,’ Marilyn is seen brandishing a Starbucks coffee like so many celebrities papped now and flicking through her iPhone.
Daniel said Daily Mail: “The concept behind the series was looking at Marilyn and our generation’s fascination with her, and in general how we are an incredibly nostalgic generation who innovate and move forward through our obsession of the past. I am looking at where Marilyn would be today, in a world where fame is more transient than ever and the relationship between brands and celebrity is stronger than ever before.”
“Her legacy has had a massive impact on our generation – perhaps it is because she reflects a time where fame was special and nothing like today’s instant fame”, he added.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Futuristic 1966 Ford Ranger II Concept Truck
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Dolphin Shorts: The Favorite Fashion Trend Of The ’80s Teenage Girls
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- Japanese Sculptor Shows How He Transforms Wood Into Surreal Sculptures
- Famous Music Hits Turned Into Vintage Ad Posters
- Toilets Around the World