Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
A photographer has imagined what screen icon Marilyn Monroe would be like today – and no doubt she’d love Instagram. Daniel Sachon, a student at Central St Martins, in London, created his first solo exhibition with Suzie Kennedy, an English model who looks remarkably similar to the blonde bombshell. In the exhibition, titled ‘Disruptive Innovation,’ Marilyn is seen brandishing a Starbucks coffee like so many celebrities papped now and flicking through her iPhone.
Daniel said Daily Mail: “The concept behind the series was looking at Marilyn and our generation’s fascination with her, and in general how we are an incredibly nostalgic generation who innovate and move forward through our obsession of the past. I am looking at where Marilyn would be today, in a world where fame is more transient than ever and the relationship between brands and celebrity is stronger than ever before.”
“Her legacy has had a massive impact on our generation – perhaps it is because she reflects a time where fame was special and nothing like today’s instant fame”, he added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Japanese Guy Absolutely Nails Anime Girl Cosplay, from Evangelion to Sailor Moon
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Medieval Visions of Hell, Satan, Demons And Cabbalistic Signs From A 1775 Compendium Of Horrors
- This Man Photoshops Himself Into Series Of Hilarious Scenarios With Celebrities
- Photographer Albert Dros Captures Beautiful Rural Landscapes of the Netherlands
- Incredible Technologies From The Past That Just Look Odd Today
- “Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden