Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
A photographer has imagined what screen icon Marilyn Monroe would be like today – and no doubt she’d love Instagram. Daniel Sachon, a student at Central St Martins, in London, created his first solo exhibition with Suzie Kennedy, an English model who looks remarkably similar to the blonde bombshell. In the exhibition, titled ‘Disruptive Innovation,’ Marilyn is seen brandishing a Starbucks coffee like so many celebrities papped now and flicking through her iPhone.
Daniel said Daily Mail: “The concept behind the series was looking at Marilyn and our generation’s fascination with her, and in general how we are an incredibly nostalgic generation who innovate and move forward through our obsession of the past. I am looking at where Marilyn would be today, in a world where fame is more transient than ever and the relationship between brands and celebrity is stronger than ever before.”
“Her legacy has had a massive impact on our generation – perhaps it is because she reflects a time where fame was special and nothing like today’s instant fame”, he added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- 16 Classic Photos That Capture Nylon Stockings’ Allure In The 1940s And 1950s
- Pigasso: This Pig Enjoys Painting And Has Become The World’s First Pig Artist
- Photographer Captured Fascinating Photographs that She Found on Old Tombstones in Italian Cemeteries
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- Chef David Rivillo Creates Mindblowing and Unique Pasta Designs
- A Beautiful Photo Series of Audi F103
- Girl’s Dreams and Robots: Illustrations by Eri Cruz
- This German Grandma Spends 30 Thousand Euros To Tattoo Her Whole Body
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s