Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
A photographer has imagined what screen icon Marilyn Monroe would be like today – and no doubt she’d love Instagram. Daniel Sachon, a student at Central St Martins, in London, created his first solo exhibition with Suzie Kennedy, an English model who looks remarkably similar to the blonde bombshell. In the exhibition, titled ‘Disruptive Innovation,’ Marilyn is seen brandishing a Starbucks coffee like so many celebrities papped now and flicking through her iPhone.
Daniel said Daily Mail: “The concept behind the series was looking at Marilyn and our generation’s fascination with her, and in general how we are an incredibly nostalgic generation who innovate and move forward through our obsession of the past. I am looking at where Marilyn would be today, in a world where fame is more transient than ever and the relationship between brands and celebrity is stronger than ever before.”
“Her legacy has had a massive impact on our generation – perhaps it is because she reflects a time where fame was special and nothing like today’s instant fame”, he added.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- A Photographer Takes Photos Of Toys That Are So Epic, They Can Outshine Any Blockbuster Movie Shot
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- Apocalyptic Pictures Of The Mysterious Abandoned Airport Located In Indian Desert
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- This Japanese-Made Sleeping Cat Sand Sculpture Molds Turn The World Into Feline Heaven
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- “Untypical Girls”: Early Photographs Of Women In Punk From Between The Late 1970s And Early 1990s