Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
A photographer has imagined what screen icon Marilyn Monroe would be like today – and no doubt she’d love Instagram. Daniel Sachon, a student at Central St Martins, in London, created his first solo exhibition with Suzie Kennedy, an English model who looks remarkably similar to the blonde bombshell. In the exhibition, titled ‘Disruptive Innovation,’ Marilyn is seen brandishing a Starbucks coffee like so many celebrities papped now and flicking through her iPhone.
Daniel said Daily Mail: “The concept behind the series was looking at Marilyn and our generation’s fascination with her, and in general how we are an incredibly nostalgic generation who innovate and move forward through our obsession of the past. I am looking at where Marilyn would be today, in a world where fame is more transient than ever and the relationship between brands and celebrity is stronger than ever before.”
“Her legacy has had a massive impact on our generation – perhaps it is because she reflects a time where fame was special and nothing like today’s instant fame”, he added.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- This Artist Drew These 30 Animals So “Badly”, It Might Be A New Style
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Playfully Illustrated Surfboards By Jean Jullien
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Ocean Photography Awards 2021
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts