Old Toys Receive Donated Limbs To Educate Kids About Organ Transplants
Second Life Toys is an organisation in Japan that’s hoping to raise awareness about organ donation. And as you can see, their smart-thinking campaign is sure to catch people’s attention. The organisation is giving new limbs to old broken plushies in order to make them complete again. And the best part is that you can join the campaign by donating your own unwanted toys. You’ll even receive a letter from the “recipient” plushie telling you how your donation has helped to improve their lives.
It’s a sweet idea and the message behind it is important. Organ donation is an issue that doesn’t get much press in Japan and nor does it get much attention. Around 14,000 people are on waiting lists yet only about 300 of them per year receive the organs they need. Hopefully this campaign can change this by raising some much needed awareness, and you can play your part by donating your old plushies here.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat
- Sad and Happy Moments on the Photos of Boris Register
- Vintage Photos of Ugly Restaurants in the USA From the Mid-20th Century
- Monsters and Some Magic: Fantasy Illustrations by Andrew Mar
- Inspirational Female Portraits by Eva Balloon
- The Mind’s Dream and its Monsters: Creepy Illustrations by Daniel Peacock
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations