Old Toys Receive Donated Limbs To Educate Kids About Organ Transplants
Second Life Toys is an organisation in Japan that’s hoping to raise awareness about organ donation. And as you can see, their smart-thinking campaign is sure to catch people’s attention. The organisation is giving new limbs to old broken plushies in order to make them complete again. And the best part is that you can join the campaign by donating your own unwanted toys. You’ll even receive a letter from the “recipient” plushie telling you how your donation has helped to improve their lives.
It’s a sweet idea and the message behind it is important. Organ donation is an issue that doesn’t get much press in Japan and nor does it get much attention. Around 14,000 people are on waiting lists yet only about 300 of them per year receive the organs they need. Hopefully this campaign can change this by raising some much needed awareness, and you can play your part by donating your old plushies here.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Artist Portrays Mystical Creatures In Their Vulnerable Form – When They Were Still Babies
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream