Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s
From murderers, thieves and hookers, these are the faces of the many who were captured on camera at the lowest points of their lives. And while many people would say mugshots of the past hold a certain curiosity, one man confesses what started as an initial fascination turned into an obsession. Mark Michaelson has collected more than 10,000 photographs of men and women of all races and ages, taken after their run-ins with the law.
The New York-based art director and graphic designer said he has always been drawn to ‘Wanted’ posters, but noted when he came across his first mugshot, ‘it was love at first sight,’ according to Collectors Weekly.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- What Does The Ideal Man Look Like? The Answer May Depend On Where You Live
- A Look at Girls’ College Dorm Rooms in the Seventies
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Retro Pop-Culture Pictures
- A Gallery of Really Bad Men’s Hairstyles of the 1970s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Sometimes”: Artist Illustrates a Series on Mental Health
- Beautiful Vintage Black And White Fashion Photography By Georges Dambier In The 1950s
- This House Don’t Look Like Anything Special, But When You Go Inside…
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors