Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s
From murderers, thieves and hookers, these are the faces of the many who were captured on camera at the lowest points of their lives. And while many people would say mugshots of the past hold a certain curiosity, one man confesses what started as an initial fascination turned into an obsession. Mark Michaelson has collected more than 10,000 photographs of men and women of all races and ages, taken after their run-ins with the law.
The New York-based art director and graphic designer said he has always been drawn to ‘Wanted’ posters, but noted when he came across his first mugshot, ‘it was love at first sight,’ according to Collectors Weekly.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Artist Creates Hilarious Combinations Of Popular Characters In Iconic Scenes
- Digital Illusions and Dark Fantasy Artworks of Rahul Das
- “Surveillance Society”: The Dark and Intrigue Digital Collages and Photo Works by Omi
- Transmogrified Reality In Futuristic Design Works by Nusi Quero
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- Artist Creates Mind-Blowing 3D Visuals on The Border of Cyber Culture and Mythology
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Creative Fashion Designs by Kansai Yamamoto in the Early 1970s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s