Chinese Company Builds A Bamboo Treehouse Without Nails Or Screws
A Beijing-based architecture firm named Penda has designed a treehouse made from bamboo that doesn’t use any of those things. This design instead requires ropes and rods of bamboo, and nothing more. It was such an impressive and revolutionary concept that it won second place at the 2016 A’Design Awards in the architecture design category. Even if it hadn’t won, it’s certainly impressive!
Attempting to be environmentally friendly, the treehouse would use recycled bamboo from the area. The individual rods are then arranged to form the joints. Eight rods form what the team calls a “knot,” which would be used to create interlaced walls.
The floors are made in the way you would expect, with bamboo rods being lashed together to form a continuous and flat layer for walking on. The whole design is modular, meaning extensions could be brought in from off-site and added to the structure. This is how the treehouse could form.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- Stunning Digital Art By Nik Buzhan
- Craziest Swimsuits To Hit The Beach This Summer
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- Artist Wil Hughes Shows How Pop Culture Icons Would Look In Real Life, And It Will Give You Nightmares
- Black and White Photos Of Teenage Gangs Of New York City In 1959
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- This “Unspirational” Instagram Account Is For People Who Hate Inspirational Quotes
- “Hipsters In Stone”: Artist Léo Caillard Continues To Dress The Statues As Hipsters
- Photographer Creates Spellbinding Photos Of Meals From Classic Books
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- Human Characters Interact With Extra-Terrestrial Creatures And Dinosaurs – New Gucci Campaign Inspired By Vintage Sci-Fi
- Environment Activists Try To Break World Record With This Colossal 3D Body Painting Picture