The Beautiful Buenos Aires Bookstore Inside A 100-Year-Old Theatre
Image: Ryan Poole
Situated at 1860 Santa Fe Avenue in Barrio Norte, Buenos Aires, you will find one of the most stunning bookstores in the world. Named by The Guardian as the second most beautiful bookshop in the world in 2008, El Ateneo Grand Splendid is one of the best known bookshops in Argentina.
Image: Nan Palmero
Designed by the architects Peró and Torres Armengol, with ceiling frescoes painted by Nazareno Orlandi and support columns sculpted by Troiano Troiani, the grand theatre first opened in May 1919 with a seating capacity of 1,050.
In the late 1920s it was converted into a movie theatre and then retrofitted into a flagship bookstore in the year 2000.
Image: Diego Mala
Image: Kara Brugman
Image: Jorge Láscar
Image: Nico Kaiser
Image: Liam Quinn
Image: Stanley Wood
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Artist Alexander Orlov Reimagined Famous Brand Logos in a New Futuristic Way
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann