Honest, Valuable & Intelligent Advice And Statements Presented In A Way That Exists Somewhere Pleasantly Between Design And Typography
Adam J. Kurtz is a Brooklyn-based artist and author whose first book, 1 Page at a Time: A Daily Creative Companion has been translated into fifteen languages. In addition to personal work, he’s collaborated on products for retailers such as Urban Outfitters, Strand Bookstore, and Fishs Eddy, and made work for companies including Pepsi, Adobe and the New York Times. In 2016, he was named one of PRINT Magazine’s “15 Under 30” New Visual Artists.
In his spare time, he enjoys listening to Alanis Morissette and eating bread.
idk why it took me so long to understand this basic life truth???? we process differently we communicate differently we experience the world in similar but also radically different ways from each other and that is perfectly okay and good but it's why compassion and empathy are so important. it's why we need to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others. truly understanding this changes everything.
being a small business is hard for a lot of reasons and maybe the hardest is the whole "being your own boss" part. ✏️✏️✏️ swipe through to read my latest essay for @designsponge! and if you didn't realize these posts have always been pieces of longer essays you can catch up at designsponge.com/author/adam ?
so happy to be home for one day before i leave for BARCELONA to speak at @offfest on thursday! if you'll be at the festival, i'm speaking at 12:55 on the ROOTS stage and signing books (@megustaleer will have copies for sale) immediately afterwards. ??❤️ . i will also be drawing a mural in the window of @fnac_esp L'illa on friday April 7th from 18:00-20:00 and hanging out to sign some books afterwards!
mercury is out of retrograde & we're gonna be ok!!!! tell ur loved ones w/ this very important card from @adamjkpaper postcard book. . "what i am trying to say to you" is a postcard book i made that has 30 tear-out cards for all kinds of situations where you're just trying… to say stuff… sometimes really personal sometimes #important like this one and sometimes you don't even know so there are checkboxes to cover all situations. . mail them, gift them or just text a pic to a friend, whatever. also has a sticker sheet at the end. it's like $12 on amazon it just came out last week. I PUT THE LINK IN MY BIO. ok love you bye!!
late night thoughts… literally shocked this is being published as part of my postcard book next week… my editor dug it up from the original instagram post from maybe like 2014??? and she was like YES THIS PUT IT IN THE BOOK like damn ok i mean i thought this was extremely personal and specific??? anyway the postcard book is called WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY TO YOU available from @abramsbooks it is up on amazon and places now you can see more at the @adamjkpaper account. it has a sticker sheet at the end!!!!!!!!!!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo
- Stunning Photographs of Ellen O’Neal, The Greatest Woman Freestyle Skateboarder in the 1970s
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Hungarian Artist Creates Hilarious Scenes By Placing Characters In Movies Or TV Shows They Don’t Belong In
- The Photographer Took Dark and Gloomy Photos of A Small Russian City Covered with Morning Fog