Dystopian Lighthouses By Adrian Labaut Hernandez
Lighthouse designs portray a feeling of sadness and depression, as they are rarely used, only a few people stay there, who are the workers and they can only listen to the sound of the sea and dwell into a more gloomy state. Adrian Labaut Hernandez, with his Dystopian Lighthouses, poses a question towards this perception.
The reason for them being not designed appropriately is because they are seen from far and are basically acting as a landmark for people to know that a piece of land is near by if they follow the light. The forms are basically limited, with light on top and a hung bell.
Cuban graphic designer Adrian Labaut Hernandez illustrates a structure with a desolated landscape rendered black and white, and added a new illuminating detail on the top which looks like a golden beacon of light.
Adrian states that they are “destined never to be happy, isolated beings on earth, without any attachment to life”.
The lighthouses are spaces which can also enhance the landscape by making it inviting visually and also enhance the curiosity of the people who want to come towards it.
He has also created a series of fictional architecture where he questions where architecture is going as of today. In his opinion, this discipline is creating objects that are consciously dead, without a base or foundation, beyond philosophy, discourse, and theory. He states that themes that are not necessarily linked to architecture are being used, and those inherently related with the profession are slowly and endlessly forgotten.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portrait Photography by Álvaro Rodríguez Navarro
- Gorgeous Photos Make Star Wars Toys Look Like Real, Life-Sized Ships
- Summer Vibes With Tattoo Model Torrie Blake
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Cool Retro Pics Of The Sexiest Postures That Women Can Seduce Their Men
- The Superb Sensual And NSFW Paintings By Jamie Adams
- Artist Scott Listfield Paints Post-Apocalyptic Scenes Of The Bay Area
- If Movie Posters Told The Truth…
- Conceptual And Fine Art Female Portrait Photography By Maxwell Swift
- Inside The Chinese Sex Doll Factory
- Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
- Haunting Photos Of Moscow’s Young Ravers And Their Lives After Dark
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Designer Challenges Himself To Create Logos With Hidden Meanings For A Year
- “The Last Days Of Martinique”: Rare Portraits Of Martinique Residents Before The Deadly Volcano Eruption In 1902