Dystopian Lighthouses By Adrian Labaut Hernandez
Lighthouse designs portray a feeling of sadness and depression, as they are rarely used, only a few people stay there, who are the workers and they can only listen to the sound of the sea and dwell into a more gloomy state. Adrian Labaut Hernandez, with his Dystopian Lighthouses, poses a question towards this perception.
The reason for them being not designed appropriately is because they are seen from far and are basically acting as a landmark for people to know that a piece of land is near by if they follow the light. The forms are basically limited, with light on top and a hung bell.
Cuban graphic designer Adrian Labaut Hernandez illustrates a structure with a desolated landscape rendered black and white, and added a new illuminating detail on the top which looks like a golden beacon of light.
Adrian states that they are “destined never to be happy, isolated beings on earth, without any attachment to life”.
The lighthouses are spaces which can also enhance the landscape by making it inviting visually and also enhance the curiosity of the people who want to come towards it.
He has also created a series of fictional architecture where he questions where architecture is going as of today. In his opinion, this discipline is creating objects that are consciously dead, without a base or foundation, beyond philosophy, discourse, and theory. He states that themes that are not necessarily linked to architecture are being used, and those inherently related with the profession are slowly and endlessly forgotten.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Hammond Fever! Vintage Sexy And NSFW Hammond Organ Album Covers
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- “Neon Dreams”: Photographer Matthieu Bühler Explores The Streets Of Tokyo At Night
- Remarkable Photos Of Manhattan By Berenice Abbott From 1935
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Russian Artist Makes Beautiful Space Themed Calendar For The Year 2018
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- “Peace, Love, Music And Mud”: LIFE At Woodstock In 1969
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- This Lighting Collection Is Designed To Look Like Sausages In A Butcher Shop
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- This Street Library In Bulgaria Encourages People To Read
- Colorful Concept Artworks By Kaloyan Stoyanov
- Australian Bureau Of Meteorology’s 2018 Calendar
- Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry