Most Expensive House in Brooklyn for Sale
For a cool $14 million, you can own the most expensive house in Brooklyn. The house sits at 70 Willow Street in Brooklyn Heights and boasts some extremely luxurious features. There are 18 rooms total – 11 bedrooms, 7 full baths, and 1 half bath. It is approximately 9,000-square feet with a 2,000-square foot basement.
“Five-story, double width, high Greek-Revival, four-bay townhouse,” describes the Sotheby’s listing. Built in 1839, the house has a fitness room, library, wine cellar/grotto, and hard wood flooring. A 40-foot columned Charleston porch along the rear of the house leads out to the garden.
There are 11 fireplaces plus a private-gated driveway. Two chef’s eat-in kitchens, master suite with bath, boudoir, and walk-in closet, and an artist’s studio are some other highlights as well, according to Sotheby’s.
The three-story elliptical mahogany staircase leads up to a rosette oculus window. The Interior period detail was designed by Minard Lafever.
The double parlor features 12-foot ceilings and 38 windows face east, south, and west, including Jeffersonian floor-to-ceiling column windows and French doors leading to the colonial style columned veranda. Truly an historic abode, the quiet refuge is just minutes from Manhattan on a whimsical tree-lined street. The house also had one very famous prior owner.
Truman Capote lived at 70 Willow and wrote “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and “In Cold Blood.” “I live in Brooklyn. By choice,” Capote once said.
The house is on sale for $13,995,000 through Sotheby’s brokers Karen and Alan Heyman.
Another drool-worthy Brooklyn property (still) for sale is the Clocktower penthouse at One Main Street. This is Brooklyn’s most expensive piece of real estate on the market for $23.5 million.
Known for its many clock faces, the 7,000-square foot condo can be rented for $50,000 per month.
It features three-stories, a glass-walled elevator, and a tiny crow’s nest at the top.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
- This Guy Transformed A 1961 VW Beetle Deluxe Into A Black Matte Roadster