Lovely House Built by a Russian Blacksmith
We want to show you a very unusual house built by a Russian blacksmith Kirillov for his family. The house is situated in Kunara village, between Yekaterinburg and Nizhny Tagil. Unfortunately, the blacksmith passed away almost 20 years ago.
In fact, the village populated only by 143 people as per 2010 (even fewer now), does not have anything interesting but this very house. Locals lovingly call it a gingerbread house. It was being built since 1954 t0 1967. All decor elements are made from wood and metal.
May the sun be forever, may the sky be forever!”
“May mother live forever, may the peace be forever”
S. I. Kirillov died in 2001. He made his grave with his own hands. His wife died in 2019. She’s buried next to her husband.
This project became the meaning of his life.
Kind people helped to restore the house after the death of the author.
Some people tried to buy the house and offered big money, but the family never agreed to sell it.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- “Creating a New Visual Reality”: Dark and Cinematic Illustrations by Katherine Lam
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp
- Meet A Woman Who Keeps 500 Plants In Her Brooklyn Apartment
- The Most Controversial Ultrarealistic Art Sculptures By Patricia Piccinini
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Clever Tables That Create An Illusion Animals Are Emerging From Water