A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
Mission Beach (the beach) is a long wide sandy beach in the Mission Beach area of San Diego. It is a laid-back neighborhood whose namesake sands attract surfers, sunbathers and volleyball players. A paved path curls around Mission Bay, a popular spot for water sports.
“I went down and spent a week with my cousin living in the Mission Bay beach community. After surfing with my beach air mat for a couple of days I took a break and just took pictures.”
These fascinating black and white photos Lance Nix took people at the Mission Bay beach on a day of August 1970.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- These Viral Visual Explanations Are Spreading Information About COVID-19 Extremely Effectively
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- This Instagram Account Is So Damn Weird, It’s Addicting
- Getty Museum Challenges People To Recreate Great Works Of Art With Items And People In Their Homes
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- The Beautiful, Surreal And Sometimes Sinister Artwork Of Jaco Putker
- Goats Take Over Empty Streets Of Seaside Town In Wales During The Coronavirus Outbrake
- Owners Let Their Norwegian Forest Cat Roam Freely Outside, And He Looks Majestic