A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
Mission Beach (the beach) is a long wide sandy beach in the Mission Beach area of San Diego. It is a laid-back neighborhood whose namesake sands attract surfers, sunbathers and volleyball players. A paved path curls around Mission Bay, a popular spot for water sports.
“I went down and spent a week with my cousin living in the Mission Bay beach community. After surfing with my beach air mat for a couple of days I took a break and just took pictures.”
These fascinating black and white photos Lance Nix took people at the Mission Bay beach on a day of August 1970.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Kathleen Ryan Sculptures Look Like Moldy Fruit But Are Actually Made Of Gemstones
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Artist Recreates His Own Childhood Drawings 20+ Years Later
- Athletic Clothing Company Has Launched A Controversial Ad Campaign Shows Marine Vet With Hogtied ‘Trump’
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future