A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
Mission Beach (the beach) is a long wide sandy beach in the Mission Beach area of San Diego. It is a laid-back neighborhood whose namesake sands attract surfers, sunbathers and volleyball players. A paved path curls around Mission Bay, a popular spot for water sports.
“I went down and spent a week with my cousin living in the Mission Bay beach community. After surfing with my beach air mat for a couple of days I took a break and just took pictures.”
These fascinating black and white photos Lance Nix took people at the Mission Bay beach on a day of August 1970.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cool Old Photos Show What School Looked Like In The 1970s
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Japanese Cats Love Nothing More In The World Than Watching Farmer Next Door Plant His Rice
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Photographer Jakub Wencek Explores The Forests Of Poland To Capture Fantastic Photos Of The Dark Side Of Nature
- Life-Size Cardboard Figures By Warren King
- A-Z As Game Of Thrones Characters By Kerry Bell Is The Most Creative Thing You’ll See Today
- Michal Zahornacky Creates Unique Abstract Photographs From Clear Water That Look Like Paintings