A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
Mission Beach (the beach) is a long wide sandy beach in the Mission Beach area of San Diego. It is a laid-back neighborhood whose namesake sands attract surfers, sunbathers and volleyball players. A paved path curls around Mission Bay, a popular spot for water sports.
“I went down and spent a week with my cousin living in the Mission Bay beach community. After surfing with my beach air mat for a couple of days I took a break and just took pictures.”
These fascinating black and white photos Lance Nix took people at the Mission Bay beach on a day of August 1970.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- These Russian Social Media Profile Pictures Will Blow Your Mind With Photoshop Magic
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
- Japanese Artist Offers Funerals for Love Dolls and Lets Customers Live out Fantasies as A Murder Victim, Blow-Up Doll or Dead Girl
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- You Ride This Bike Lying Down, And It Feels Like You’re Flying
- Can You Guess Who Is Kissing In These Pics: Real Couples Or Friends?