A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
Mission Beach (the beach) is a long wide sandy beach in the Mission Beach area of San Diego. It is a laid-back neighborhood whose namesake sands attract surfers, sunbathers and volleyball players. A paved path curls around Mission Bay, a popular spot for water sports.
“I went down and spent a week with my cousin living in the Mission Bay beach community. After surfing with my beach air mat for a couple of days I took a break and just took pictures.”
These fascinating black and white photos Lance Nix took people at the Mission Bay beach on a day of August 1970.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- “104-Year-Old” Grandpa Expresses Himself With Timeless Style
- 19 Times People Took An Ordinary Photo And Got A Renaissance Masterpiece
- Artist Documents The Best License Plates That People Have Spotted On Cars
- The Ginger Project: Photographer Took Portraits To Fight Against Red-Head Discrimination
- Bride-To-Be Invents IKEA Bag Hack To Pee Worry Free On Her Wedding Day
- A Turquoise Lake In Siberia Where People Have Been Taking Selfies Is Actually A Toxic Power Plant’s Ash Dump
- Stunning Rare Photos Of The Emperor Nicholas II Fooling Around With His Friends In 1899
- In Russia, Girls Ready For Exams!
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Brilliant Landscape Photography In Hawaii By Jason Wright