A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
Mission Beach (the beach) is a long wide sandy beach in the Mission Beach area of San Diego. It is a laid-back neighborhood whose namesake sands attract surfers, sunbathers and volleyball players. A paved path curls around Mission Bay, a popular spot for water sports.
“I went down and spent a week with my cousin living in the Mission Bay beach community. After surfing with my beach air mat for a couple of days I took a break and just took pictures.”
These fascinating black and white photos Lance Nix took people at the Mission Bay beach on a day of August 1970.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- The Future Imagined in Albert Robida’s “La vie électrique,” 1890
- Japanese Artist Creates Incredible Realistic Intimate Garments from Ceramics
- Weird And Wonderful Illustrated Letters From A 16th Century Songbook
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers