Russian Photographer Takes Portraits With Real Animals And People Say Her Works Look Like They’re Straight From A Fairy Tale
These pictures are what dreams and fairytales are made of—Russian photographer Katerina Plotnikova (previously) creates beautiful portraits that balance between the real and surreal. While she nails lighting, composition, and other important aspects of the craft, arguably the most impressive feature of Plotnikova’s work is her feature of animals that we aren’t used to seeing in fine-art photography. Like a bear. Or a moose.
While seemingly dangerous, these ideas were made possible with the help of professional animal trainers.
And even if Plotnikova includes a more “conventional” animal, the bond these creatures create with her models on set looks so strong, it’s like she has cast a spell on them.
Every pixel of Katerina’s photos radiates such rich mysticism, her work is absolutely enchanting.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known
- 45 Comics With Twisted Endings For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- Brazil Building New Jesus Statue Taller than Christ the Redeemer
- These Photorealistic Renders Look Like Real Photos Taken with An Old Camera
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s