McDonalds Opens A Tiny Restaurant For Bees
Bee colonies around the world are dying at alarming rates. No more so than in the USA, where it is estimated the 44% of colonies were lost in 2016 alone. There are many reasons for this alarming decline, most of which are down to us.
Things like overuse of pesticides, diesel fumes, intensive farming practices and parasites from introduced species have contributed, and if things don’t improve soon we could face a major collapse in our food supply. Because you see, these tiny, hard-working creatures are an integral part of many ecosystems and pollinate up to 80% of our crops, and if they were to continue dying at these rates we can say goodbye to many of the plants that we rely on, as well as a whole plethora of other creatures that need them too.
Some Mcdonald’s in Sweden are doing their bit to help our vitally important friends, by hosting beehives on the roofs of their restaurants. Some are also planting flowers outside too, providing a bee-friendly environment that has helped to boost the population in the Scandinavian country. Pretty cool right?
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Adorable German Shorthair Assumes Many Different Looks And Poses In Whimsical Photo Series
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- The World’s Largest Photography Competition Announced 100 Finalists From Over A Million Entries And Here’s 30 Of Them
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Terrible Rough Drafts from Your Favorite Movies