McDonalds Opens A Tiny Restaurant For Bees
Bee colonies around the world are dying at alarming rates. No more so than in the USA, where it is estimated the 44% of colonies were lost in 2016 alone. There are many reasons for this alarming decline, most of which are down to us.
Things like overuse of pesticides, diesel fumes, intensive farming practices and parasites from introduced species have contributed, and if things don’t improve soon we could face a major collapse in our food supply. Because you see, these tiny, hard-working creatures are an integral part of many ecosystems and pollinate up to 80% of our crops, and if they were to continue dying at these rates we can say goodbye to many of the plants that we rely on, as well as a whole plethora of other creatures that need them too.
Some Mcdonald’s in Sweden are doing their bit to help our vitally important friends, by hosting beehives on the roofs of their restaurants. Some are also planting flowers outside too, providing a bee-friendly environment that has helped to boost the population in the Scandinavian country. Pretty cool right?
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- Brilliant Book Dedications
- This 16-Year-Old Vegan Teenager Turns His Food Into Stunning Art