“Melodies In My Mind”: Powerful & Surreal Self-Portraits Inspired By Songs And Melodies
We’re enchanted by the series of self-portraits by Munich-based photographer Amelie Satzger, which combine fantasy and melancholy in every single image.
Titled Melodies in my Mind, the series is an ongoing project that dates back to 2015 and each visual is inspired by a particular song. The elements in her self-portraits are interpretations of a song’s lyrics, and an attempt to capture the specific feeling brought about by melodies. Often exploring autobiographical reflections, Satzger’s work is based heavily on emotions, and her process of using surreal visuals and colorful compositions allows her to connect with her audience in the most poetic and prolific way.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat
- Sad and Happy Moments on the Photos of Boris Register
- Vintage Photos of Ugly Restaurants in the USA From the Mid-20th Century
- Monsters and Some Magic: Fantasy Illustrations by Andrew Mar
- Inspirational Female Portraits by Eva Balloon
- The Mind’s Dream and its Monsters: Creepy Illustrations by Daniel Peacock
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations