This Artist Uses Thick Strokes To Create Intricate Oil Paintings Of Bird
Every artist has their own favorite subject to capture through various forms of media they might employ. Some choose people, others – stunning landscapes full of life and color. However, there are those who pick something very specific and often close to their own heart. One such artist is Angela Moulton who paints colorful birds with oil on canvas.
Angela is a professional artist who draws inspiration from nature and color. From chickadees to barn swallows, Angela paints stylized bird portraits that are bursting with color. Her signature style is very clear in every piece where thick brushstrokes in various shades of color create one harmonious image.
Splitting her time between Illinois and Idaho, Moulton sells both, her original work and prints of the pieces, online at Pratt Creek Art. You can also watch some of her in-progress videos on her YouTube channel by the same name.
View this post on Instagram
kinglet confession: I made this using leftover paints from the previously posted western tanager. I pushed the paint to extreme breaking point on purpose; separating pigments in spots. In other spots applying thick brushstrokes. #prattcreekart. Also I notice a heart to the right of the kinglet's head. ♥️
While the artist paints things other than birds, the feathered friends appear most frequently in her work and are some of the best pieces. So scroll down below to check them out.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Female Artists Are Being Completely Removed From Their Own Album Covers In Iran
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Before The Computers: Looking Back On Typewriters Era
- The ‘World’s Biggest’ War Diorama, A State-Funded Exhibition Recreates The Battlefields Of WWII In Brutal Detail
- Photographer Henry Do Captures Breathtaking Aerial Images Of The Circular Community In Denmark
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Pictures Of Russian Meteorologist That Spent 30 Years In The Loneliest Place On Earth
- Haunted Faces Of The World War One Brought To Life In Striking Colorized Images By Mario Unger
- The World’s Largest Photography Competition Announced 100 Finalists From Over A Million Entries And Here’s 30 Of Them