This Artist Uses Thick Strokes To Create Intricate Oil Paintings Of Bird
Every artist has their own favorite subject to capture through various forms of media they might employ. Some choose people, others – stunning landscapes full of life and color. However, there are those who pick something very specific and often close to their own heart. One such artist is Angela Moulton who paints colorful birds with oil on canvas.
Angela is a professional artist who draws inspiration from nature and color. From chickadees to barn swallows, Angela paints stylized bird portraits that are bursting with color. Her signature style is very clear in every piece where thick brushstrokes in various shades of color create one harmonious image.
Splitting her time between Illinois and Idaho, Moulton sells both, her original work and prints of the pieces, online at Pratt Creek Art. You can also watch some of her in-progress videos on her YouTube channel by the same name.
View this post on Instagram
kinglet confession: I made this using leftover paints from the previously posted western tanager. I pushed the paint to extreme breaking point on purpose; separating pigments in spots. In other spots applying thick brushstrokes. #prattcreekart. Also I notice a heart to the right of the kinglet's head. ♥️
While the artist paints things other than birds, the feathered friends appear most frequently in her work and are some of the best pieces. So scroll down below to check them out.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Impressive Examples of Soviet Brutalism in Architecture
- A Horror–mad Seven-Year-Old Girl Has Ditched Disney Princesses to Recreate Scenes from Gory Films Such as The Exorcist and Chucky
- Sculpture Artist Makes Incredible Realistic Busts of Movie Villains
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- “On Adventure With Dad”: This Guy Sends His Girlfriend Photoshopped Photos Whenever She Asks If Their Kids Are OK
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Photos of Cars During Winter in the 1950s and ’60s
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things