That Time When Nirvana Dressed Up In Woman Clothes For Mademoiselle Magazine In 1993
Under the headline: “Reaching Nirvana: The Grunge Gods Get In Touch With Their Feminine Side”, Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic posed for these sexy fashionable photos in the November 1993 issue of Mademoiselle Magazine. Kurt Cobain wearing a Dries Van Noten sweater. Dave Grohl in a Todd Oldham sweater. Krist Novoselic in a Joan Vass sweater. All scarves (shown as skirts) by Gene Meyer.
Kurt Cobain, and his band, Nirvana, seemed to come out of nowhere. Two years ago, the Seattle group’s major-label debut album, Nevermind, outsold such top guns as Michael Jackson, U2, and Metallica, and helped bring the underground punk movement into the music mainstream.
Grunge has since become a fashion statement and, according to FeelNumb, Chelsea Clinton dreams of bringing Nirvana to The White House but the band have steadfastly refused to wear the grunge crown, they would rather wear dresses.
Here, below are some rare behind the scenes photos from the photoshoot on 15th July 1993. The photographs were taken by Stéphane Sednaoui at 434 Dexter Street, Seattle, in front of Hostess Cake factory, which was demolished in 2015.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept Car Has Been Found And Restored
- A Collection Of Genius Designs That Are So Creative They Should Receive An Award
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Kazakh Bodybuilder Yuri Tolochko To Marry His Life-Like Sex Doll ‘Margo’
- Beautiful Early Entries Of The 2020 Sony World Photography Awards
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- Stunning Photos Of The Abandoned Armoured Repair Factory In Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Something Unique: The Superb Humorous, Creative And Advertising Photo Works Of Frank Uyttenhove
- 93-Year-Old Grandma & Her Grandson Dress-Up In Ridiculous Outfits, And It’s Brilliant
- Fabulous Photos of Christmas Shopping In New York City, December 1910