That Time When Nirvana Dressed Up In Woman Clothes For Mademoiselle Magazine In 1993
Under the headline: “Reaching Nirvana: The Grunge Gods Get In Touch With Their Feminine Side”, Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic posed for these sexy fashionable photos in the November 1993 issue of Mademoiselle Magazine. Kurt Cobain wearing a Dries Van Noten sweater. Dave Grohl in a Todd Oldham sweater. Krist Novoselic in a Joan Vass sweater. All scarves (shown as skirts) by Gene Meyer.
Kurt Cobain, and his band, Nirvana, seemed to come out of nowhere. Two years ago, the Seattle group’s major-label debut album, Nevermind, outsold such top guns as Michael Jackson, U2, and Metallica, and helped bring the underground punk movement into the music mainstream.
Grunge has since become a fashion statement and, according to FeelNumb, Chelsea Clinton dreams of bringing Nirvana to The White House but the band have steadfastly refused to wear the grunge crown, they would rather wear dresses.
Here, below are some rare behind the scenes photos from the photoshoot on 15th July 1993. The photographs were taken by Stéphane Sednaoui at 434 Dexter Street, Seattle, in front of Hostess Cake factory, which was demolished in 2015.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- An 80-Foot Steel Kraken Will Create An Artificial Coral Reef Near The British Virgin Islands
- Awkward Vintage Photos of Celebrities Posing With Their Beloved Cats
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Amazing Pics From Kyoto “Bullet Tour” Show No Matter How Tight Your Schedule, You Should Go
- These Dull Passport Photos Are Hiding Hilarious Secrets
- The Royal Photographic Society’s 2019 Science Photographer Of The Year Shortlist
- Artist Illustrated 18 Famous Quotes With Beautiful Posters