Delahaye Type 165: The Most Beautiful French Car Of The 1930s
1939 Delahaye Type 165 is viewed by many as the most beautiful French car of the 1930s, only 5 of them were ever made with this one having been fatefully chosen by the French government to represent France at the 1939 New York World’s Fair.
Shortly after the car arrived at New York customs, Germany invaded Poland and set off World War II, thus the Delahaye became stranded in no-mans land where it sat for 8 long years before being acquired by a Beverly Hills car dealer for the staggering (at the time) sum of $12,000 USD.
The most dramatic of all supercars, which was owned by English movie star Diana Dors.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Vintage Photos Proving That The Beauty Of People From Previous Generations Is A Unique Thing
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- These Awkward Vintage Christmas Album Covers
- Photographer Brent Stirton Captured Magnificent Images Of Mursi Warriors Of The Omo Valley In Ethiopia
- This Tattoo Artist Can’t Draw And That’s Precisely Why Her Clients Choose Her
- The Irish Farming Calendar For 2020 Is Here And It’s Really Quite Something
- Fascinating Vintage Photographs of Dutch Men In Traditional Volendam Worker Pants