35 Rare Photos of the Construction of the Titanic
Construction of Titanic began on March 31, 1909 when designer James Andrews laid the first keel plate in the Harland & Wolff Shipyards Belfast, Ireland.
Titanic’s sister ship The Olympic had begun some three months earlier and the two ships were essentially constructed side by side by over 15,000 workers, constructing the Titanic would cost 8 employees their life working on such a mammoth and often dangerous construction site.
Via Vintage Everyday
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021