35 Rare Photos of the Construction of the Titanic
Construction of Titanic began on March 31, 1909 when designer James Andrews laid the first keel plate in the Harland & Wolff Shipyards Belfast, Ireland.
Titanic’s sister ship The Olympic had begun some three months earlier and the two ships were essentially constructed side by side by over 15,000 workers, constructing the Titanic would cost 8 employees their life working on such a mammoth and often dangerous construction site.
Via Vintage Everyday
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Russian Artist Creates Funny Photoshop Mashups Between The Hollywood Characters And Classic Soviet Movies