Vibrant Vintage Photos of Mexico in 1968
School children playing on Olympic logo Mexico 68.
In advance of the Summer Olympic Games which would take place in Mexico City, making it the first Games to be staged in Latin America and hosted by a developing country, LIFE photographer John Dominis came and offered an intimate look at the people, their life and their rich culture. Take a look at the country through vibrant photographs taken by Dominis during his stay below.
Men wearing masks performing.
16-year-old Olympic Stadium being refurbished including a colored apron which directs crowds to the entrances.
A child carrying bouquet on her way to the fiesta.
Park dancers in flurry of action.
A park dancer clapping to the rhythm.
Vendor selling pinwheels at La Merced market.
Young girl with flowers in her hair.
15-feet plastic fencer in en garde position erected in the stands at Aztec Stadium for Olympic Games.
Couples in Chapultepec Park.
Chamula women participating in cambio de mayordomo.
Line of people under building facade.
Structures rising high above Satellite City.
Olympic posters decorating a wall.
Mother nursing child while burning incense.
Mariachi singers strumming on ukuleles.
A lily seller.
Man selling balloons.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Japanese Guy Absolutely Nails Anime Girl Cosplay, from Evangelion to Sailor Moon
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- This Man Photoshops Himself Into Series Of Hilarious Scenarios With Celebrities
- Medieval Visions of Hell, Satan, Demons And Cabbalistic Signs From A 1775 Compendium Of Horrors
- Photographer Albert Dros Captures Beautiful Rural Landscapes of the Netherlands
- Incredible Technologies From The Past That Just Look Odd Today
- “Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden