Amazing Portraits Of Louis Coulon And His 11-Foot Beard As A Nest For His Cats
Born on February 26, 1826 in Vandenesse (Niève), Louis Coulon was a “cast iron moulder” at the Forey factory in Montluçon. Apparently, he was already shaving by age 12 but could not maintain the sharpness of his razor blade from its frequent use. In fact, his beard was growing so fast that by age 14, Coulon already had a 50 centimeter (19.6 inch) beard. From then on, it was just a matter of letting it grow to monstrous length.
Even if Coulon attained a somewhat famous status, he remained humble, even refusing a lord William’s offer of 10 000 franc to travel. He was featured on many postcards, one in particular stating that his beard was 3.3 meters (11 foot) long as of May 10, 1904.
Surprisingly, this beard is not considered the world record: that title belongs to Sarwan Singh of Canada, having a 2.37 m (7 ft 9 in) beard. To Mr. Singh’s defense however, there were no Guinness World Record judges prior to 1954… Let us hope, however, that Coulon’s beard will one day be vindicated!
But the fact remains, as amazing as Coulon’s hirsute look is, it just wouldn’t be complete without his fuzzy little companion!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wearing Futuristic Protective Suits, Washington State Crews Destroy First US Murder Hornet Nest
- Beautiful Bizarre: Weird and Wonderful Post-Mortem Fairy Tales by Mothmeister
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Wear Mask. Save Live”: Borat Had Made Hilarious Appearances on Major Landmarks Across the UK
- Artist Raises Thousands for Charity with Hilarious Pet Portraits
- Photographer Chrissy Sparks Transforms Ordinary Women Into Glamorous Pin-Ups
- Austria Postal Service Prints Coronavirus-Themed Stamp on Toilet Paper