Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
If we could request who Oprah should do the next episode of Where Are They Now? on, it would definitely be the Disney princesses. What have they even been up to since riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after? LA-based photographer Tony Ross is helping us visualise it by depicting Disney’s most iconic maidens as majestic queens, and to make sure the portraits were extra-realistic, he had the princess models call in their moms to pose as the mythical matriarchs. The results were a royal success.
“…The main idea was to portray the relationship between a true mother and daughter as the same princesses a generation apart to show the similarities, the features that are alike,” Ross told A Plus.
Indeed, the youthful glow of each princess juxtaposed with the dignified elegance of their mature counterparts creates a stunning contrast, but also a satisfying sense of continuity thanks to the physical traits shared by the models. The gorgeous costumes worn in the shoot were supplied by Nephi Garcia, a designer acclaimed for his collection of Disney-inspired children’s outfits.
The photo series powerfully reflects on the relationship between youth and ageing, as well as between mother and child. As the young woman is now, the older woman once was, and as the older woman is now, the young woman will become. Both generations are equally beautiful, and this fairytale photoshoot is proof. See each princess ‘then and now’ below, and vote for the most stunning transformations.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Amazing Black and White Photographs Capture Scenes From Venice Beach In The 1970s And ’80s
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Russian Artist Portrayed Retired Superheroes: Now They Are Nice Granny And Granddaddy
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Alex Prager’s Hyperreal America In Photographs
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Taiwanese Artist Lives Large Dreams In Miniature Models
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Bold Nudes That Show How Our Bodies Are All We Have In The End
- This Extraordinary Close-Up Photos Turns Mundane Insects Into Terrifying Beasts From Another World