Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
If we could request who Oprah should do the next episode of Where Are They Now? on, it would definitely be the Disney princesses. What have they even been up to since riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after? LA-based photographer Tony Ross is helping us visualise it by depicting Disney’s most iconic maidens as majestic queens, and to make sure the portraits were extra-realistic, he had the princess models call in their moms to pose as the mythical matriarchs. The results were a royal success.
“…The main idea was to portray the relationship between a true mother and daughter as the same princesses a generation apart to show the similarities, the features that are alike,” Ross told A Plus.
Indeed, the youthful glow of each princess juxtaposed with the dignified elegance of their mature counterparts creates a stunning contrast, but also a satisfying sense of continuity thanks to the physical traits shared by the models. The gorgeous costumes worn in the shoot were supplied by Nephi Garcia, a designer acclaimed for his collection of Disney-inspired children’s outfits.
The photo series powerfully reflects on the relationship between youth and ageing, as well as between mother and child. As the young woman is now, the older woman once was, and as the older woman is now, the young woman will become. Both generations are equally beautiful, and this fairytale photoshoot is proof. See each princess ‘then and now’ below, and vote for the most stunning transformations.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wearing Futuristic Protective Suits, Washington State Crews Destroy First US Murder Hornet Nest
- Beautiful Bizarre: Weird and Wonderful Post-Mortem Fairy Tales by Mothmeister
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Wear Mask. Save Live”: Borat Had Made Hilarious Appearances on Major Landmarks Across the UK
- Artist Raises Thousands for Charity with Hilarious Pet Portraits
- Austria Postal Service Prints Coronavirus-Themed Stamp on Toilet Paper
- Photographer Chrissy Sparks Transforms Ordinary Women Into Glamorous Pin-Ups