Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
If we could request who Oprah should do the next episode of Where Are They Now? on, it would definitely be the Disney princesses. What have they even been up to since riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after? LA-based photographer Tony Ross is helping us visualise it by depicting Disney’s most iconic maidens as majestic queens, and to make sure the portraits were extra-realistic, he had the princess models call in their moms to pose as the mythical matriarchs. The results were a royal success.
“…The main idea was to portray the relationship between a true mother and daughter as the same princesses a generation apart to show the similarities, the features that are alike,” Ross told A Plus.
Indeed, the youthful glow of each princess juxtaposed with the dignified elegance of their mature counterparts creates a stunning contrast, but also a satisfying sense of continuity thanks to the physical traits shared by the models. The gorgeous costumes worn in the shoot were supplied by Nephi Garcia, a designer acclaimed for his collection of Disney-inspired children’s outfits.
The photo series powerfully reflects on the relationship between youth and ageing, as well as between mother and child. As the young woman is now, the older woman once was, and as the older woman is now, the young woman will become. Both generations are equally beautiful, and this fairytale photoshoot is proof. See each princess ‘then and now’ below, and vote for the most stunning transformations.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities