Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
If we could request who Oprah should do the next episode of Where Are They Now? on, it would definitely be the Disney princesses. What have they even been up to since riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after? LA-based photographer Tony Ross is helping us visualise it by depicting Disney’s most iconic maidens as majestic queens, and to make sure the portraits were extra-realistic, he had the princess models call in their moms to pose as the mythical matriarchs. The results were a royal success.
“…The main idea was to portray the relationship between a true mother and daughter as the same princesses a generation apart to show the similarities, the features that are alike,” Ross told A Plus.
Indeed, the youthful glow of each princess juxtaposed with the dignified elegance of their mature counterparts creates a stunning contrast, but also a satisfying sense of continuity thanks to the physical traits shared by the models. The gorgeous costumes worn in the shoot were supplied by Nephi Garcia, a designer acclaimed for his collection of Disney-inspired children’s outfits.
The photo series powerfully reflects on the relationship between youth and ageing, as well as between mother and child. As the young woman is now, the older woman once was, and as the older woman is now, the young woman will become. Both generations are equally beautiful, and this fairytale photoshoot is proof. See each princess ‘then and now’ below, and vote for the most stunning transformations.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- This Artist’s Paintings Are So Realistic, You’ll Probably Think They Are Photos
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Night And Day: Striking Street Photography In Japan By James Takumi Shyegun
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes