Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
If we could request who Oprah should do the next episode of Where Are They Now? on, it would definitely be the Disney princesses. What have they even been up to since riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after? LA-based photographer Tony Ross is helping us visualise it by depicting Disney’s most iconic maidens as majestic queens, and to make sure the portraits were extra-realistic, he had the princess models call in their moms to pose as the mythical matriarchs. The results were a royal success.
“…The main idea was to portray the relationship between a true mother and daughter as the same princesses a generation apart to show the similarities, the features that are alike,” Ross told A Plus.
Indeed, the youthful glow of each princess juxtaposed with the dignified elegance of their mature counterparts creates a stunning contrast, but also a satisfying sense of continuity thanks to the physical traits shared by the models. The gorgeous costumes worn in the shoot were supplied by Nephi Garcia, a designer acclaimed for his collection of Disney-inspired children’s outfits.
The photo series powerfully reflects on the relationship between youth and ageing, as well as between mother and child. As the young woman is now, the older woman once was, and as the older woman is now, the young woman will become. Both generations are equally beautiful, and this fairytale photoshoot is proof. See each princess ‘then and now’ below, and vote for the most stunning transformations.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Professional Russian Photographer Pavel Kiselev Captures Sensual NSFW Female Pictures
- “WC For Architects”: Old Toilet Wall Decorated With Photos Of Windows From The Neighbourhood
- “The Memories Of The Future”: Photographer Nuno Assis Captures Fantastic Photos Of Hong Kong
- Photographer Recreates Famous Portraits With John Malkovich As His Model
- Marvelous Female Portrait Photography by Kai Böttcher
- Oceanco Debuts Unique 115-Meter-Long Megayacht That Will Truly Sail You In Style
- Conceptual Photography And Self-Portraits By Marina Choy
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Gorgeous Female Portrait Photography By Kirill Averyanov
- Gorgeous Beachwear And Lingerie Photography By Bonnie Cee
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- “Rural Ukraine From Above”: Spectacular Drone Photography By Nazarii Doroshkevych
- “Prisoners”: Murder, Mayhem, And Petit Larceny By Arne Svenson’s ‘Least Wanted’ Close Ups
- Sara Gironi Carnevale’s Challenging Illustrations Tackle The Wrongs Of Modern Society
- Fascinating And Provocative Close-Up Photography By Marius Sperlich