Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
If we could request who Oprah should do the next episode of Where Are They Now? on, it would definitely be the Disney princesses. What have they even been up to since riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after? LA-based photographer Tony Ross is helping us visualise it by depicting Disney’s most iconic maidens as majestic queens, and to make sure the portraits were extra-realistic, he had the princess models call in their moms to pose as the mythical matriarchs. The results were a royal success.
“…The main idea was to portray the relationship between a true mother and daughter as the same princesses a generation apart to show the similarities, the features that are alike,” Ross told A Plus.
Indeed, the youthful glow of each princess juxtaposed with the dignified elegance of their mature counterparts creates a stunning contrast, but also a satisfying sense of continuity thanks to the physical traits shared by the models. The gorgeous costumes worn in the shoot were supplied by Nephi Garcia, a designer acclaimed for his collection of Disney-inspired children’s outfits.
The photo series powerfully reflects on the relationship between youth and ageing, as well as between mother and child. As the young woman is now, the older woman once was, and as the older woman is now, the young woman will become. Both generations are equally beautiful, and this fairytale photoshoot is proof. See each princess ‘then and now’ below, and vote for the most stunning transformations.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Magnificent NSFW Beauty Photography By Stepan Kvardakov
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- #HerWhite: Gorgeous Black And White Beauty Photography By Dmitry Bocharov
- Fascinating Black And White Photos That Capture Everyday Life Of The United States From Between The 1950s And 1960s
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By Kevin Mathison
- These Ads From Haiti Hope To Use Trump’s Words Against Him
- Retro Photos In WTF Style
- Jenn Brown Captures Amazing Photos Of Abandoned Places Across The USA
- Funny Illustrations That Show The Two Kinds Of People In The World
- No Pants Subway Ride 2018
- Spectacular Winners Of The Hasselblad Masters Award 2018
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- Belarusian Photographer Captures The Beauty Of Women’s Bodies In Gorgeous Erotic Photos
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- This Guy Bought A Giant Plastic Godzilla, And Now They Travel Everywhere Together
- Big Shout Out To One Of The World’s Most Inspiring Grandmas!
- Everyday Is Hump Day For The Photographer Fedor Shmidt
- Portrait Series Of Immigrants Restages And Signifies The Importance Of African Settlers In Europe Throughout History And Present Day
- The Tiny Tree House Sits Within A Forest In France
- Fashion Is The Focus For Australian Photographer-In-Demand Ali Mitton
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld
- “Shape Shifting Birds”: Photographer Captures Stunning Photos Of The Murmurations Of Starlings
- An Adventure In Unknowing: Totally Amazing Illustrations By Sylvain Sarrailh