Thai Woman Creates Hilarious Instagram Vs. Reality Collages
For many, Instagram is the highlight reel of their lives. They show off their exotic trips, fancy meals, strike a sexy pose in front of expensive toys, and it’s totally their choice. However, if you drown yourself in the sea of winning shots, you might end up with the impression that all of their days look like that. And feel like a loser when comparing yourself to those unachievable standards.
So it’s healthy to remind yourself that not only are these pictures showing just a tiny part of their lives, but that there are dozens of outtakes behind those glamorous shots as well. Maybe the angle gave them a double chin, maybe a dog was pooping in the background; these pictures get discarded.
Vienna became a model when she was 19 years old. “I went to Tokyo for a vacation when I had about 10K followers on Twitter. I met a girl there and we ended up taking a photo together while we were walking on the street. After she posted our photo online, her modeling agency contacted me and asked me to work with them,” Vienna told Bored Panda.
Vienna said she mostly uses Instagram to document her trips around the world. “I love traveling and photography so I want people to know more about me and all the places I go to.”
For her Instagram vs. Reality series, Vienna used some after-effects on the “perfect” photos to really highlight the discrepancy between the side-by-side pics. “On those photos, I used an app called Ulike.” This software lets people “fine-tune” themselves, offering to touch-up their eyes, nose and mouth.”
However, the “real” ones weren’t manipulated at all, I just used my normal camera. That’s why my face looks super different in them.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- This Artist’s Paintings Are So Realistic, You’ll Probably Think They Are Photos
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Moody Animal Puns That Will Remind You That It’s OK To Be Sad
- Night And Day: Striking Street Photography In Japan By James Takumi Shyegun