Meet Khoudia Diop, Stunning Charcoal Black African Model
Khoudia Diop is a young Senegalese fashion model who recently rose to internet stardom after her unusually dark skin tone was captured in a photo for the Colored campaign, a platform that celebrates different skin shades. Khoudia’s melanin-rich skin has taken the internet by storm, and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, especially on Instagram, where she regularly posts photos of herself using the handle @melaniin.goddess. People seem crazy about her stunning natural beauty and unique skin tone, showering her with compliments about her look and declaring themselves impressed by her positive attitude and confidence.
Now an empowering young woman with a successful modelling career, Khoudia Diop admits that her charcoal-dark skin has been the target of bullying while growing up. Responding to a Facebook post about her nicknames – ‘Darky’, ‘daughter of the night’, ‘mother of stars’ – she said that “bullies used to come with all kinds of names thinking I’ll feel bad about my color, well guess what, I loved them all and showed them how much I didn’t care about what they think.” And it’s that type of attitude that really makes this girl special.
Skin bleaching is a big problem in many African countries, with millions of African women turning to whitening creams to achieve the imposed global concept of beauty dominated by eurocentric standards. A disturbing report found that 75% of Nigerian women are using skin lightening products to achieve a fairer skin tone, followed by Togo with 59% of women and South Africa with 35%.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- Facebook Group Photoshops Plus-Sized Women To ‘Inspire’ Them To Lose Weight
- Obama, Merkel, And Putin As Leading Actors In Famous Movies
- 45 Rare And Amazing Color Photographs Of Behind The Scenes From The Set Of ‘Alien’, 1979
- 25 Year Old British Man Dresses As A 19th Century Regency Gentleman In Bespoke Clothing He Designs
- Honest Logos That Reflect Unfortunate Truths About Transnational Multi-Billion-Dollar Conglomerates By Viktor Hertz
- An Artist Made Stunning Illustrations About Modern Society
- Classic Rock And New Wave Songs Brilliantly Reimagined As Vintage Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
- Fantastic Digital Art & Photo Manipulations By Cristian Girotto
- Fantastic Pencil Sculptures By Jasenko Đorđević