Intimate Vintage Photos Capture Romantic Couples In The 1950s
Lovers on a public bench, England, 1950s. Photo by Jean-Philippe Charbonnier/Gamma-Rapho.
A series of candid vintage photographs capture the intimacy between lovers during the 1950s.
A young couple sitting on a bench in Piazza Donatello, Florence, 1950s. Photo by Vincenzo Balocchi/Alinari Archives.
A young man carrying a woman out of the water on the beach, 1950s. Photo by Bettmann.
A doorkeeper looking at a hugging couple, 1950s. Photo by Angelo Cozzi/Mondadori.
A young couple sitting on a bench in a garden, Italy, 1950s. Photo by Vincenzo Balocchi/Alinari Archives.
Two lovers crossing St Mark’s Square at dawn, Venice, 1950s. Photo by Keystone-France.
A couple reflected in a puddle, Bavaria, Germany, 1950s. Photo by Oskar Poss/ullstein bild.
A young man shares a loving kiss with his fiancee, 1950s. Photo by Weegee.
Two shadows on the fallen leaves, Milan, 1950s. Photo by Mario De Biasi/Mondadori.
A couple kissing on Bastille day on the steps of Montmartre, Paris, 1950. Photo by Charles Hewitt/Picture Post.
Two teenage lovers standing together on a dimly-lit street in Birmingham, 1951. Photo by Bert Hardy/Picture Post.
Sunday Morning on the Champs Elysees, 1951. Photo by Bert Hardy/Picture Post.
A woman clutches at a man in a sad farewell as the boat train is due to depart, 1951. Photo by Erich Auerbach.
A courting couple kissing on the steps on the bank of the Seine, Paris, 1954. Photo by Fred Van Schagen/BIPs.
A young woman talks to a boyfriend after her evening’s work as a cinema usherette, UK, circa 1954. Photo by Bert Hardy/Picture Post.
A couple walking a poodle dog in the park, England, 1954. Photo by Thurston Hopkins/Picture Post.
A young couple getting ‘acquainted’ on a park bench in Germany, 1955. Photo by Keystone.
A couple kissing on a roof top as they sweep chimneys, Woluwe-St-Pierre, Brussels, 1955. Photo by Harry Kerr/BIPs.
Young couple in a field of flowers in Sardinia, Italy, July 1955. Photo by Édouard Boubat.
A couple shares a moment of intimacy illuminated against the wall of a tent, Rome, 1955. Photo by Bettmann.
A young couple taking public transport in New York City, circa 1955. Photo by Erika Stone.
Honeymooners hold hands as they enjoy a drink in their honeymoon hotel, 1956. Photo by Erich Auerbach.
A couple relax on Blackpool beach, England, 1956. Photo by Bert Hardy/Picture Post.
A couple courting in Kew Gardens, London, 1957. Photo by Hulton Archive.
Lovers kissing in a park by a statue during the state of emergency, Paris, 1958. Photo by Daily Mirror/Mirrorpix.
A woman greeting her Skymaster Aircrew husband with enthusiasm after his flight to Albania, 1958. Photo by Edward Miller.
Young couple visiting a bridge near the Imperial Palace, Tokyo, 1958. Photo by John Dominis/LIFE.
Honeymoon couples kissing in their Merton Hotel rooms on the Isle of Jersey, 1958. Photo by Daily/Mirrorpix.
Lovers at the riverside of the Seine, Paris, 1958. Photo by Imagno.
Couple on a scooter, 1959. Photo by Jean-Louis Swiners/Gamma-Rapho.
Couple necking in car, Brooklyn, 1959. Photo by Bruce Davidson.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting
- This Dude Keeps Protesting Annoying Everyday Things With Funny Signs
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
- A Los Angeles Artist Is Selling $180 “Karen” Halloween Masks, Calling Them “The Real Monsters of 2020”
- Man Creates “Passive-Aggressive Art Gallery” For His Roommate’s Mes
- These Amazing Vivid Photochromes Depict the Princely County of Tyrol in 1890, a Mountainous Region of The Austro-Hungarian Empire
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers