This Artist Draws Lighthearted Comics To Stay Sane In Quarantine
According to Alison Wong: “Everyone needs a little break from the news these days. I drew these comics after seeing so many anxiety-provoking articles and wanted to stay sane by drawing out something lighthearted from them. I’ve got two young kids (5 and 3 months!), and I am sheltering in place in California.
Every day I’m so busy and don’t have much downtime, but I have gotten such positive reception to my comics that it keeps me going. People have told me that they are “a relief,” and a “balm in this tense time.” I feel like everyone is trying to help out, and this is just my little way of contributing―to provide a laugh that can bring people together.
During the day, in the various five-minute increments I have, I’ll try to think of the idea, and then in the evening, I will try to draw it up. The days are draining and a bit repetitive, so challenging myself to keep a positive attitude and find something funny with a comic is my outlet. Some people drink wine or watch TV, and I like to draw. I hope people around the world enjoy the bit of humor I’m trying to bring to our shared situation.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Illustrator Creates Posters With Deep And Hidden Meanings
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Real-Life Orc: Brazilian Tattoo Artist Has Giant Tusks Implanted to Resemble Fictional Creature
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s