This Artist Draws Lighthearted Comics To Stay Sane In Quarantine
According to Alison Wong: “Everyone needs a little break from the news these days. I drew these comics after seeing so many anxiety-provoking articles and wanted to stay sane by drawing out something lighthearted from them. I’ve got two young kids (5 and 3 months!), and I am sheltering in place in California.
Every day I’m so busy and don’t have much downtime, but I have gotten such positive reception to my comics that it keeps me going. People have told me that they are “a relief,” and a “balm in this tense time.” I feel like everyone is trying to help out, and this is just my little way of contributing―to provide a laugh that can bring people together.
During the day, in the various five-minute increments I have, I’ll try to think of the idea, and then in the evening, I will try to draw it up. The days are draining and a bit repetitive, so challenging myself to keep a positive attitude and find something funny with a comic is my outlet. Some people drink wine or watch TV, and I like to draw. I hope people around the world enjoy the bit of humor I’m trying to bring to our shared situation.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of Young Women in the Late 1980s and Early ’90s
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- The Finalists of The 2020 Comedy Pet Photography Awards Have Been Announced, and They’re Pretty Damn Funny!
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Stunning Aerial Photos Shows Luxury Cruise Ships Being Broken Up At a Dock in Turkey
- This Instagram Account Points Out How Much Celebrity Faces Have Changed Over The Years
- Indian Photographer Recreates Realistic Miniature Brands on His Desktop
- This Is How Our Beautiful Planet Earth Looks from Above These Days of Global Pandemic