A Photographer Has Created A Series Of Paw-Traits Of Hungry Dogs Pulling Hilarious Faces As They Try And Catch Treats
Using a unique technique, the shots are captured at the exact moment the adorable pooches attempt to catch an airborne piece of food. The dogs appear surprised, happy, sad, confused – and sometimes even so blasé they miss the treat entirely. The images were taken by Christian Vieler, a photographer from Waltrop, Germany.
“That cannot be seen without the power of freezing motion”, says Christian Vieler, “Dog’s faces with magnificent lineaments, telling us stories of panic, desire and joy”.
Having worked on perfecting the technique for his food-catching shots, he now gets bombarded with requests to take photographs of pets for others.
Christian, 45, first became interested in photographing dogs while exploring a new camera he purchased in 2012.
Christian said: “Every shoot I am looking for that specific moment when the dog is looking as cute or funny as they can be”
“So I have to master the challenge of what to do and when to do it in order to get the best results out of the day”.
Not wanting to keep asking his friends to pose for him, Christian decided to photograph a range of pooches instead – including his Labrador, Lotte.
“When I meet my clients – the dogs – I don’t know where the journey will end”.
“For me, it’s all about the moments when the dogs are trying to catch the food”.
All photos © by Christian Vieler / Caters News
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Isosceles: Unique Female Lingerie Inspired By Geometry And Architecture
- 23 Striking And Surreptitious Photos Capture Street Scenes Of Pennsylvania In The 1970s
- Dance Moves Turned Into Charcoal Drawings By Heather Hansen
- Glow Worms Turn This New Zealand Cave Into Starry Night
- Color Palettes From Famous Movies Show How Colors Set The Mood Of A Film
- Hilarious “Work Safety” Posters From The Soviet Union Era
- Drift Away: Beautiful Handcrafted Eco-Friendly Jewelry Made From Driftwood And Bioresin
- Amazing Wooden VW Beetle Made By Bosnian Pensioner
- Daredevil Skateboarding On A Giant Yugoslav Monument
- This Russian Woman Grew Her Hair To Rapunzel Length
- London Drug Dealers’ Messages Through The Lens Of Conventional Marketing
- Computer Love: The Ultimate Guide To Computing