A Photographer Has Created A Series Of Paw-Traits Of Hungry Dogs Pulling Hilarious Faces As They Try And Catch Treats
Using a unique technique, the shots are captured at the exact moment the adorable pooches attempt to catch an airborne piece of food. The dogs appear surprised, happy, sad, confused – and sometimes even so blasé they miss the treat entirely. The images were taken by Christian Vieler, a photographer from Waltrop, Germany.
“That cannot be seen without the power of freezing motion”, says Christian Vieler, “Dog’s faces with magnificent lineaments, telling us stories of panic, desire and joy”.
Having worked on perfecting the technique for his food-catching shots, he now gets bombarded with requests to take photographs of pets for others.
Christian, 45, first became interested in photographing dogs while exploring a new camera he purchased in 2012.
Christian said: “Every shoot I am looking for that specific moment when the dog is looking as cute or funny as they can be”
“So I have to master the challenge of what to do and when to do it in order to get the best results out of the day”.
Not wanting to keep asking his friends to pose for him, Christian decided to photograph a range of pooches instead – including his Labrador, Lotte.
“When I meet my clients – the dogs – I don’t know where the journey will end”.
“For me, it’s all about the moments when the dogs are trying to catch the food”.
All photos © by Christian Vieler / Caters News
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- Artist Spends 9 Years Using FedEx To Ship Glass Boxes To Create Shattered Sculptures
- 29 Clever Illustrations That Show The Differences Between Copywriters And Art Directors
- These Panda Selfies Are The Opposite Of Cute
- The Only 5 Types Of Romantic Comedy Posters
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Vibram Furoshiki Shoe
- Beef Flowers – Say It With Some Meat
- An 18-Year-Old Photographer Portrays Trump’s Quotes About Women
- 61-Year-Old Model Absolutely Rocks Her Swimsuit Campaign
- The Kings Of The Forest – Photographer Spent 3 Days In Nepal To Document The Isolated Tribe
- Guy Transforms 1907 Upright Piano Into A Luxurious Desk
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty