Mock Rock: When Actors Play Pop Stars
We know that pop stars want to be actors – and vice versa. But as the new Sean Penn movie proves, actors playing pop stars can be a bad look indeed.
Cheyenne, Sean Penn
“Cheyenne”. Or should we say “Robert Smith”? Or, maybe, should we say “Robert Smith thinking about a crippled kitten?”
Keith Richards, Ben Wishaw
The real Keith Richards is indestructible. This Keith Richards looks like he could be broken in two by a mild breeze.
Elvis Presley, Jack White
Welcome to a vortex where an actual rock titan plays the original rock titan. As a cross-eyed hypnotist.
Bob Dylan, Richard Gere
This is a “vision” of Dylan from Todd Haynes’s I’m Not There. A vision of Dylan as an alcoholic garden maintenance professional.
Phil Spector, Al Pacino
You may not know this but as well as being producer of the Ronettes, Phil Spector also sold condos in Lanzarote.
Joan Jett, Kristen Stewart
OK we get it, Kristen Stewart does teenage angst. And if that means looking like you’ve got stomach cramps then so be it.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Charming Watercolor Girls by the Japanese Artist Kumorri
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port
- The Elegance of The Dark Side: Stunning Sculptures of Dom Qwek
- The Grim Towers of Lovecraftian World: Minimalist Architectural Art by James Lipnickas
- Diagonal World: Russian Designer Sergey Minkin Shoots Everything at 45 Degrees