Mock Rock: When Actors Play Pop Stars
We know that pop stars want to be actors – and vice versa. But as the new Sean Penn movie proves, actors playing pop stars can be a bad look indeed.
Cheyenne, Sean Penn
“Cheyenne”. Or should we say “Robert Smith”? Or, maybe, should we say “Robert Smith thinking about a crippled kitten?”
Keith Richards, Ben Wishaw
The real Keith Richards is indestructible. This Keith Richards looks like he could be broken in two by a mild breeze.
Elvis Presley, Jack White
Welcome to a vortex where an actual rock titan plays the original rock titan. As a cross-eyed hypnotist.
Bob Dylan, Richard Gere
This is a “vision” of Dylan from Todd Haynes’s I’m Not There. A vision of Dylan as an alcoholic garden maintenance professional.
Phil Spector, Al Pacino
You may not know this but as well as being producer of the Ronettes, Phil Spector also sold condos in Lanzarote.
Joan Jett, Kristen Stewart
OK we get it, Kristen Stewart does teenage angst. And if that means looking like you’ve got stomach cramps then so be it.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- Once You See These Rare Historical Photos, You’ll Never Forget Them
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Valentin Pavageau, the Traveler of a Psychedelic Universe
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers