One57 Gets Glassy: Photos Of Midtown’s Newest Supertall Skyscraper
Midtown Manhattan’s much-awaited 1,004-foot One57 residential tower hasn’t topped out yet, but the first dozen or so floors have already gotten their glass façade (although some of the blue panels appear to still have their protective pastic coating). The Christian de Portzamparc-designed skyscraper, across from Carnegie Hall on 57th Street, will tower over the south end of Central Park, and will be the first major addition to the park’s skyline since Robert A.M. Stern’s 15 Central Park West, a limestone-clad throwback to the pre-war era, was completed in 2008. Extell Development is hoping One57’s six-bedroom penthouse will fetch $110 million, which would make it the most expensive single residence ever sold in New York.
The following are photos taken at a few different times at the end of March and beginning of April by Flickr user 600west218, who has allowed us to use his shots.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021