Why Did A Brazilian Millionaire Winch A Formula 1 Car Up The Side Of An Apartment Block?
Yep, you read that right! An anonymous Brazilian is a huge Ayrton Senna fan, and he managed to get hold of Senna’s 1985 Lotus 97T Formula 1 car. But where do you keep such a car if you live in an apartment? Er… in your apartment obviously!
Why the ceiling? Well apart from the obvious space issue we can only presume it’s a homage to the Lotus Team’s ‘ground effect’ cars. Lotus were among the most technologically advanced cars of their time, and team boss Colin Chapman understood the dark art of aerodynamics more than anyone else. He created the ground effect cars which created so much downforce that at anything over 160mph they could theoretically drive upside down in a tunnel without falling off!
It allowed such high cornering speeds that it became dangerous, and after a number of high-profile incidents the technology was banned from in the mid 80s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- “The Loneliest Road Trip”: Travels Through An Empty America In Photographs By Arnaud Montagard
- “Spuds You Like”: Spectacular Winning Photos From The Potato Photographer Of The Year 2020
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sunny Photographs That Show Just How Far Out Beach Life Was In ’70s