Why Did A Brazilian Millionaire Winch A Formula 1 Car Up The Side Of An Apartment Block?
Yep, you read that right! An anonymous Brazilian is a huge Ayrton Senna fan, and he managed to get hold of Senna’s 1985 Lotus 97T Formula 1 car. But where do you keep such a car if you live in an apartment? Er… in your apartment obviously!
Why the ceiling? Well apart from the obvious space issue we can only presume it’s a homage to the Lotus Team’s ‘ground effect’ cars. Lotus were among the most technologically advanced cars of their time, and team boss Colin Chapman understood the dark art of aerodynamics more than anyone else. He created the ground effect cars which created so much downforce that at anything over 160mph they could theoretically drive upside down in a tunnel without falling off!
It allowed such high cornering speeds that it became dangerous, and after a number of high-profile incidents the technology was banned from in the mid 80s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- How To Look Smart In Zoom Meetings, an Illustrated Guide by Sarah Cooper
- A Beautiful Photo Series of Audi F103
- “I Paint Big B”: The Fantasy Beauties of Zumi
- The Cute Anime Girls by Illustrator Ryota
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Insidious Goblins, Cute Elves, and Magic: The Gathering Cards – Fantasy Art by Jesper Ejsing
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom