Nike Unveils Team USA Medal Stand Footwear and Apparel for Sochi 2014
When the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes compete in Sochi this winter, they’ll celebrate victory in the latest cold weather innovations from Nike. The Nike Aeroloft 800 Summit Jacket and the Nike Flyknit Trainer Chukka FSB provide warmth with less weight in fresh and contemporary silhouettes. Soulful details, some only visible to the athlete, finish the look.
Emblazoned “USA” over a lenticular fabric that shifts from blue to red, the Nike Aeroloft 800 Summit Jacket provides comfortable warmth without sacrificing ventilation. The jacket’s base fabric features a titanium nano-coating that reflects UV and retains body heat. Aeroloft insulation—an 800-fill down based on body mapping research for mobility in the right places—incorporates laser cut holes between the chambers to maximize ventilation and allow for the release of excess moisture. Gold satin stitch detailing and red, white, and blue stitching on the down pockets add embellishment to the Nike Aeroloft 800 Summit Jacket. Hidden elements include “Land of the Free” and “Home of the Brave” embroidered in the hand pockets, tonal stars on the interior front of the jacket, and a nod to legendary U.S. hockey coach Herb Brooks’ “This is Your Moment” speech.
On foot, U.S. medal winners will wear a winterized version of the Nike Flyknit Chukka. Incorporating a synthetic wool mixed into the Nike Flyknit thread for warmth, the Nike Flyknit Trainer Chukka FSB also features a rugged Nike Free-inspired outsole, originally found on the Nike Special Field Boot (SFB), for all-terrain traction. A synthetic wool lining adds insulation and a reflective skin offers water resistance and improved visibility. Patriotic “USA” detailing on the sock liner and visibly on the tongue connects the innovative cold weather performance on foot to the aesthetic of the Nike Aeroloft 800 Summit Jacket.
The U.S. Medal Stand look augments Team USA training and village apparel and footwear, all of which is innovated for warmth and movement. Offering a contemporary approach to classic silhouettes, the Nike Tech Fleece collection—including the Nike Tech Fleece Crew and Nike Tech Fleece Pant—updates iconic Nike sportswear silhouettes with evolved fit, feel, and function. Using a tri-layer fabric, Nike Tech Fleece provides increased range in motion and lighter weight warmth than its predecessor. With movement in mind, the Nike Aeroloft 800 Vest keeps athletes warm by retaining body heat and facilitating maximum ventilation. In lightweight wool, the Nike Victory USA scarf finishes off all outfits with a warm display of patriotism.
Training and village apparel are currently available for purchase at Nike.com. The Nike Aeroloft 800 Summit Jacket will be available starting early January and the Nike Flyknit Trainer Chukka FSB in early February.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Natural And Authentic Female Portraits By Tony Andreas Rudolph
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- “Jenny On The Job”: 8 Posters Of An Ideal Woman Emancipated By World War 2
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends