Man Takes the World’s Most Impressive Selfie. You Gotta See How Far He Climbed.
British travel company boss Lee Thompson has made a name for himself in the online fight to take the most awesome selfie by taking one from the top of the iconic Cristo Redentor (Christ The Redeemer) statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
As a tourism company boss, he was able to secure special permission form the Brazilian tourism board to climb the monument through the access steps on the inside and take a look from atop the head of the statue, which is where he snapped his gut-wrenching selfies.
This iconic Brazilian statue frequently needs repairs due to frequent lightning strikes and rain/wind erosion, and the steep and dangerous steps inside let workers access the top.
Source: The Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Rare Vintage Photos Of The Timberline Lodge, Stanley Kubrick’s Film Inspiration For “The Shining”, In 1921
- The ‘I’m Tired’ Project Tackles Discrimination With Body Art
- “Hollywood In Real Life”: This Instagram Account Is Capturing The Locations Of Famous Hollywood Scenes
- Craftsman Gabriel Dishaw Upcycles Louis Vuitton Bags Into Elaborate ‘Star Wars’ Helmets
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- Artist Andrei Lacatusu Reduces Tech Giant Brands To Derelict Neon Signs
- Stunning Photos Show What Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Were African American
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters