Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
With The Vulnerability Series, artist and Syrian refugee Abdalla Al Omari turns the world’s leaders into refugees, from Vladimir Putin to Barack Obama via Donald Trump, François Hollande or Nicolas Sarkozy. Through this powerful series, Abdalla Al Omari pays tribute to all those, unjustly called migrants, who like him had to flee their country, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Eritrea, abandoning everything in front of the horrors of war.
“Although I knew little about the internal world of those leaders, the countless, intimate hours I spent with them have taught me more than I could imagine. Just as easily as everything worth defending can become defenseless, moments of absolute powerlessness can give you superpowers” – Abdalla Al Omari describing his artwork ‘The Queue’.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- Iceland From Above In Breathtaking Aerial Photography By Gabor Nagy
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- It’s Not Just Art. It’s Sm(art): Sebastian Pytka Illustrates The Important Problems Of The Modern World
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- Jadayupara, The Largest Bird Sculpture In The World
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her