Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
With The Vulnerability Series, artist and Syrian refugee Abdalla Al Omari turns the world’s leaders into refugees, from Vladimir Putin to Barack Obama via Donald Trump, François Hollande or Nicolas Sarkozy. Through this powerful series, Abdalla Al Omari pays tribute to all those, unjustly called migrants, who like him had to flee their country, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Eritrea, abandoning everything in front of the horrors of war.
“Although I knew little about the internal world of those leaders, the countless, intimate hours I spent with them have taught me more than I could imagine. Just as easily as everything worth defending can become defenseless, moments of absolute powerlessness can give you superpowers” – Abdalla Al Omari describing his artwork ‘The Queue’.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- 25 Year Old British Man Dresses As A 19th Century Regency Gentleman In Bespoke Clothing He Designs
- Classic Rock And New Wave Songs Brilliantly Reimagined As Vintage Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
- 45 Rare And Amazing Color Photographs Of Behind The Scenes From The Set Of ‘Alien’, 1979
- 19 Times People Took An Ordinary Photo And Got A Renaissance Masterpiece
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- “104-Year-Old” Grandpa Expresses Himself With Timeless Style
- Stunning Rare Photos Of The Emperor Nicholas II Fooling Around With His Friends In 1899
- Bride-To-Be Invents IKEA Bag Hack To Pee Worry Free On Her Wedding Day
- This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram