Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
With The Vulnerability Series, artist and Syrian refugee Abdalla Al Omari turns the world’s leaders into refugees, from Vladimir Putin to Barack Obama via Donald Trump, François Hollande or Nicolas Sarkozy. Through this powerful series, Abdalla Al Omari pays tribute to all those, unjustly called migrants, who like him had to flee their country, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Eritrea, abandoning everything in front of the horrors of war.
“Although I knew little about the internal world of those leaders, the countless, intimate hours I spent with them have taught me more than I could imagine. Just as easily as everything worth defending can become defenseless, moments of absolute powerlessness can give you superpowers” – Abdalla Al Omari describing his artwork ‘The Queue’.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Cute Illustrations With the Soviet Mood From Anna Desnitskaya
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- This Carpet-Covered Lada Is the Most Soviet-Era Car Ever Made
- “Rest in Peace”: The Dark, Nightmarish and Bizarre Drawings by Dima Khramtsov
- Creepy & Crawly Plush Sculptures by Hine Mizushima
- Incredible Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Australia 2021 Photo Contest
- Amazing Photos Capture Street Scenes of New York City in the 1990s
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- The Superb 3D Digital Experimental Artworks by ☽༒༓N3XTgE№BR0K3R༓༒☾
- French Street Artist Paints 3D Creature Graffiti And It’s Not For The Faint Of Heart