Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
With The Vulnerability Series, artist and Syrian refugee Abdalla Al Omari turns the world’s leaders into refugees, from Vladimir Putin to Barack Obama via Donald Trump, François Hollande or Nicolas Sarkozy. Through this powerful series, Abdalla Al Omari pays tribute to all those, unjustly called migrants, who like him had to flee their country, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Eritrea, abandoning everything in front of the horrors of war.
“Although I knew little about the internal world of those leaders, the countless, intimate hours I spent with them have taught me more than I could imagine. Just as easily as everything worth defending can become defenseless, moments of absolute powerlessness can give you superpowers” – Abdalla Al Omari describing his artwork ‘The Queue’.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- A Los Angeles Artist Is Selling $180 “Karen” Halloween Masks, Calling Them “The Real Monsters of 2020”
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
- Meet Sara Shakeel, The Original Crystal Artist
- Life Is Tough, But Keep Going: Colorful And Sunny Illustrations By Xi Zhang
- 6 Little Secrets To Help You Look Absolutely Perfect On Photographs