Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
With The Vulnerability Series, artist and Syrian refugee Abdalla Al Omari turns the world’s leaders into refugees, from Vladimir Putin to Barack Obama via Donald Trump, François Hollande or Nicolas Sarkozy. Through this powerful series, Abdalla Al Omari pays tribute to all those, unjustly called migrants, who like him had to flee their country, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Eritrea, abandoning everything in front of the horrors of war.
“Although I knew little about the internal world of those leaders, the countless, intimate hours I spent with them have taught me more than I could imagine. Just as easily as everything worth defending can become defenseless, moments of absolute powerlessness can give you superpowers” – Abdalla Al Omari describing his artwork ‘The Queue’.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Indonesian Man Creates a ‘Bionic Arm’ from Scrap Metal
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- “One Day with Salvador Dalí”: A Surreal Photo Shoot of Salvador Dalì in His Seaside Villa, 1955
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Turns Generic Figurines into Ultra-Realistic Sculptures of Anime Characters
- “Do You Look Like Your Cat?” A Memory Game: Match The Cats with Their Humans!