Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
With The Vulnerability Series, artist and Syrian refugee Abdalla Al Omari turns the world’s leaders into refugees, from Vladimir Putin to Barack Obama via Donald Trump, François Hollande or Nicolas Sarkozy. Through this powerful series, Abdalla Al Omari pays tribute to all those, unjustly called migrants, who like him had to flee their country, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Eritrea, abandoning everything in front of the horrors of war.
“Although I knew little about the internal world of those leaders, the countless, intimate hours I spent with them have taught me more than I could imagine. Just as easily as everything worth defending can become defenseless, moments of absolute powerlessness can give you superpowers” – Abdalla Al Omari describing his artwork ‘The Queue’.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Snapshots Of Stripteasers From The 1980s At Downtown Los Angeles Venues
- “Namaha”: The Mythologic India In Stunning Illustrations By Abhishek Singh
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Artist Makes Witty And Quirky Inanimate Object Illustrations That Are Oddly Relatable
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Images Of 2021 Black & White MonoVisions Photography Awards
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984