Stunning Pink Landscapes Of The Deadly African Congo
What you’re about to see is not an illusion.
The innovative (and as we’re about to find out) equally daring photographer Richard Mosse captured these starling images from the war torn territory of the Congo in Africa. Deep in the jungle war zone Mosse opted to use a rare (and now discontinued) military surveillance technique known as ‘Kodak Aerochrome’.
What is it exactly? It’s a brand of film which has infrared capabilities – using it literally switches the green tones in jungle landscape into countless shades of blood red, lavender, crimson and even hot pink.
To add a further level of chaos & complexity to his surroundings, the spectrum of infrared light that is captured using the ‘Kodak Aerochrome’ film, is naked to the human eye. Mosse had to rely on circumstance and hope (two common traits with he shared with those he photographed) in order to put together this dazzling array of images.
Heartbreaking, surreal and beautiful – his work romanticizes & offers hope to a world soaked in brutal war, irrational conflict and devastating loss. You can see the full body of work, in his spectacular book titled ‘Infra: Photographs‘
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Stunning Photographs of Ellen O’Neal, The Greatest Woman Freestyle Skateboarder in the 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Hungarian Artist Creates Hilarious Scenes By Placing Characters In Movies Or TV Shows They Don’t Belong In
- The Very Rare 1980 4-Door Chevrolet Corvette
- Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things