These New Maternity Beds Will Change Hospitals For Mothers Forever
After giving birth, it’s natural for a mother to want to be close to her newborn, but this task isn’t always as simple as it seems. Since hospital cribs tend to be positioned several feet away from a patient’s bed, pain and exhaustion often prevent a mom from getting up to retrieve her child. This can make breastfeeding difficult and it can also take its toll on nurses who have to constantly transport babies back and forth between their cribs and mothers’ beds.
In the Netherlands, mothers at Gelderse Vallei Hospital can bond with their babies from the comfort of their bed. For moms who just delivered and need to stay at the hospital for an extended period of time, clip-on bassinets are attached to their cots.
“Mother and child are thus close together and can touch each other without the intervention of a nurse,” the hospital explains. “Breastfeeding is easier because the baby is nearby. Especially after a cesarean delivery, if the mother is not very mobile for a few days, the manger has great advantages.”
Although these new crib attachments can make a mother’s hospital stay more comfortable, precautions must be taken. While she’s sleeping, a mother could potentially roll over onto her child, which is why the baby should be watched or put in a separate crib while the mom is resting. It’s also important for a mother to move around after giving birth, so that blood clots don’t form in her legs. That’s why this type of crib shouldn’t be fully relied on, even though it can be beneficial.
h/t: mymodernmet, boredpanda, yahoo, bellybellybaby, geldersevallei
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- 2020 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- 1970s: The Most Romantic And Bizarre Period For Men’s Hairstyles
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- This UI Engineer Makes Stunning Digital Art Entirely From HTML & CSS Code
- Incredibly Realistic Sculptures Of People Who Lived Thousands Of Years Ago By Oscar Nilsson
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- 16 Bizarre Inventions From The Victorian Era