Dad Gets Matching Tattoo Of Son’s Cancer Scar For Solidarity
In 2015, Josh Marshall’s 8-year-old son Gabriel was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called anaplastic astrocytoma (wiki), a malignant brain tumour. After undergoing surgery, most (but not all) of the tumour was removed and Gabe has been in stable condition for the past nine months. The surgery did leave a scar on Gabriel’s head which his father said was affecting his self-confidence.
“This broke my heart,” Josh told BuzzFeed and he immediately decided he would get a matching tattoo in a show of solidarity and support for his son.
Josh went to Merl Kent of Point Blank Tattoo in Hutchinson, KS for the ink and he and his son couldn’t be happier with the result.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V