Dad Gets Matching Tattoo Of Son’s Cancer Scar For Solidarity
In 2015, Josh Marshall’s 8-year-old son Gabriel was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called anaplastic astrocytoma (wiki), a malignant brain tumour. After undergoing surgery, most (but not all) of the tumour was removed and Gabe has been in stable condition for the past nine months. The surgery did leave a scar on Gabriel’s head which his father said was affecting his self-confidence.
“This broke my heart,” Josh told BuzzFeed and he immediately decided he would get a matching tattoo in a show of solidarity and support for his son.
Josh went to Merl Kent of Point Blank Tattoo in Hutchinson, KS for the ink and he and his son couldn’t be happier with the result.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Inspiring & Rare Color Photographs Of Everyday Life In Hong Kong From The Photographer Fan Ho
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things