Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons
The devil and femininity have long been entangled. From Eve’s creation of original sin to The Devil Wears Prada, women portrayed as satan are represented as the downfall of the good man. But one artist is reclaiming the devil for women and their personal demons.
Got 2 Get Through This
In Polly Nor’s whimsical illustrated world, woman is a devil unto herself. She sheds her human skin and drinks a beer, horns out and cigarette in mouth. Her demons brush her hair in the bathtub. They hug and dream and fall asleep in pink sheets.
Babe You’re Going To Be Fine
After drawing the two a few times and receiving a positive response, Nor began focusing exclusively on the relationship.
“I like the limitation of using the same two subjects, the woman and the demons, but each time capturing something new. I find it really satisfying.”
Up All Night
It Got Loose
Too Good For You
Thinking About You
Nor worked with animator Andy Baker to bring her demons to life. In the music video, the lines between what’s real and what’s not blur:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Charming Watercolor Girls by the Japanese Artist Kumorri
- Candid Photographs Of Alain Delon Encountering Some Pigeons In Piazza San Marco, Venice, 1962
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Extraordinary Publicity Photos Of Sue Lyon As Stanley Kubrick’s Iconic ‘Lolita’, Photographed By Bert Stern
- What’s Up With The Creepy Apocalyptic Paintings In Denver International Airport?
- The Superb Graphic Novels and Character Art Works of Jordi Lafebre
- Artist Travels To Scenic Locations Only To Paint The Pattern Of His Own Shirt
- Street Art By Mehdi Ghadyanloo
- Photographer Andrius Burba Captures Stunning Photos Of Dogs From Underneath
- How To Look Smart In Zoom Meetings, an Illustrated Guide by Sarah Cooper