Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons
The devil and femininity have long been entangled. From Eve’s creation of original sin to The Devil Wears Prada, women portrayed as satan are represented as the downfall of the good man. But one artist is reclaiming the devil for women and their personal demons.
Got 2 Get Through This
In Polly Nor’s whimsical illustrated world, woman is a devil unto herself. She sheds her human skin and drinks a beer, horns out and cigarette in mouth. Her demons brush her hair in the bathtub. They hug and dream and fall asleep in pink sheets.
Babe You’re Going To Be Fine
After drawing the two a few times and receiving a positive response, Nor began focusing exclusively on the relationship.
“I like the limitation of using the same two subjects, the woman and the demons, but each time capturing something new. I find it really satisfying.”
Up All Night
It Got Loose
Too Good For You
Thinking About You
Nor worked with animator Andy Baker to bring her demons to life. In the music video, the lines between what’s real and what’s not blur:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- What Your Sleeping Positions Say About Your Relationships
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- This Woman Makes Offensive Teacups To Insult Your Guests With Class
- This Artist’s Disney Paintings Look Better Than Disney Movies Themselves
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Ugly Renaissance Babies
- This Facebook Group Is Dedicated To Recreating Terrible Amateur Art, Here Are The Weirdest Entries
- Kids Make The Best Protest Signs
- Artist Arranges Stones In Stunning Patterns On The Beach, Finds It Very Therapeutic
- Swedish Artist Simon Stålenhag Creates A Series Of Art Works For The New H&M Advertising Campaign